setlists from recent shows

Olethros

On the Move
May 23, 2004
Sydney, Australia
www.olethros.com
I saw katatonia for the first time in Milan last Friday, this is my guess at the setlist, those marked with * I am not sure about. Would be good if others could post if the setlist changes dramatically on any of their upcoming gigs.

Ghost of the Sun
Criminals
Teargas
I am Nothing *
Black Session
Sweet Nurse
Wealth
Complicity
Evidence
Chrome
Tonight’s Music
Future of Speech
Sleeper

— Encore

Passing Bird*
Deadhouse
Murder

I am going to see them June4 so I will post the setlist after I get home. I am also going to try to get a camcorder in there so maybe there will be footage as well. I will definately have a digital camera with me so there will be pics at the least.

set list should be: (i don't remeber the exact order)

Ghost of the Sun
Criminals
Teargas
Stalemate
Black Session
Sweet Nurse
Wealth
Complicity
Evidence
Chrome
Tonight’s Music
Future of Speech
Sleeper

— Encore

Dispossesion
Deadhouse
Murder

Drynwhyl said:
did the band have a 'real' tour for DO actually?
as far as I know they toured in 1996 (Dance of December Souls, FFTC and BMD songs) but then there were no official tours ( a part single gigs here and there) until 2001 ( line-up problems and so on). But I'm not 100% sure.

well, yes, so i thought as well, i'm not sure though - just some single gigs after DO was released.
there is much more info about the 1996 tour indeed, the setlist, etc. (own myself almost all bootlegs for it, a hammer experience it should have been)

How on earth is it possible that Katatonia plays a gig without I Break? It's the best goddamn live rocker they have. This is even more strange as there seems to be Stalemate in the latest setlist - I think it's the dullest track in Discouraged Ones.

Of course there has to be some variation in the setlist for both band's and fans' sake. However, every band should play some of their most loved and expected songs on every single gig. It can be the only chance for someone to see them. I would be furious if I went to see Metallica for the first and last time and they wouldn't play For Whom the Bell Tolls (as they actually DID in Denmark yesterday I've heard, which is one fucking sacrilege).

These must-songs for Katatonia are in my opinion Murder, I Break, Deadhouse, For My Demons, Teargas and Tonight's Music. And this is NOT a list of my personal fave songs, I just believe these are widely regarded as Katatonia's most expected acts.

ether said:
set list should be: (i don't remeber the exact order)

Ghost of the Sun
Criminals
Teargas
Stalemate
Black Session
Sweet Nurse
Wealth
Complicity
Evidence
Chrome
Tonight’s Music
Future of Speech
Sleeper

— Encore

Dispossesion
Deadhouse
Murder

Yez, this is the right play-list.
Unfortunately, they didn't play "I am nothing" this time, - which they played last April instead - and neither "Passing Bird".

why the hell i wasn't there??!? :cry: :cry:

ether and opethpainter, i need you to be my parents and remind me of things!

one of my favourite bands playing in my town and i'm not there, what an idiot :cry: