Moscow gig

ward

May 9, 2003
Moscow,Russia
www.headbanger.ru
Not bad but I did wait more from Katatonia.Unfortunately they didn't perform Saw You Drown.Also I waited some stuff from Discouraged Ones but they performed only 1 song from this album.But surprise had place-it was a song Murder :headbang:
Set-list was next:

Ghost Of The Sun

Criminals

Teargas

Deadhouse

Sweet Nurse

Wealth

Complicity

Evidence

Tonight's Music

For My Demons

Future Of Speech

Sleeper

Black Session

Murder

encore:

Nowhere/Without God (played and performed by Forest Stream(SUPPORTING BAND) with guest appearence of Katatonia members)

Pics gallery
http://www.darkside.ru/show/report.phtml?id=794

thanks for the report and the link!

very nice pictures! Also the ones of the press conference, thanks for sharing!

I liked the concert. I waited for it.
Thank you Katatonia. Welcome to Russia again!:)
P.S. Would be better to hear more songs from old albums.

burton said:
Wish I could read that report too.

Ha, I learnt russian at school (MANY years ago) and I was actually quite good at it but now I hardly understand anything from this report :erk:
Can someone translate?
My brain sucks...
I wish I had been there, I would love to hear Without God live, the other songs as well. But thanks for NOT playing any new songs, that would have been even worse for me...
Hope to see Katatonia in (or near) Germany soon again!!!

Yeah, I'm learning Japanese in school, but that doesn't help me here, now does it? Heh.

I want to see Katatonia live so bad. Stupid fucking island and it's lack of fans/concerts.

burton said:
Stupid fucking island and it's lack of fans/concerts.

yeah, poor you.. and there is this German drinking song called " Kein Bier auf Hawaii" - "No beer on Hawaii", if that is true I feel pity for you even more... ;) You should move!!

There's beer here! I'm too young to drink it so yeah. I'm going to move after high school (roughly 3 years from now).

And that's a real drinking song there? Heh. I'll have to ask the German exchange student that's staying with my friend about that one.

burton said:
And that's a real drinking song there?

:D

i've learnt that song when i was on exchange in Bayern some time ago, it makes me remember some really exhilirating events... :loco:

ward said:
Not bad but I did wait more from Katatonia.Unfortunately they didn't perform Saw You Drown.Also I waited some stuff from Discouraged Ones but they performed only 1 song from this album.But surprise had place-it was a song Murder :headbang:
Nowhere/Without God (played and performed by Forest Stream(SUPPORTING BAND) with guest appearence of Katatonia members)
Pics gallery
http://www.darkside.ru/show/report.phtml?id=794

Thank you, the photos are great! But the review really sucks, reviewers were drunk or just deaf.:puke:
KATATONIA IS BEST.

Set-list is pretty much the same, except for "Wealth" and "Black Session". Wish they would play more stuff like "Clean Today", "Burn The Remembrance", "Right Into This Bliss", or "Brave". And I sure as hell hope they come to America! Argh!

-Vince

ward said:
But surprise had place-it was a song Murder :headbang:
:lol: they play Murder EVERYtime.

about tha Hawaii-song:

Es gibt kein Bier auf Hawaii, es gibt kein Bier
Drum fahr ich nicht auf Hawaii drum bleib ich hier
Es ist so heiß auf Hawaii kein kühler Fleck
Und nur vom Hula Hula geht der Durst nicht weg

...that was just the chorus part. the translation would be:

There is no beer on Hawaii, there is no beer
Therefore i don't go to Hawaii, therefore i stay here
It is so hot on Hawaii, no cool place there
And from Hula Hula only, the thirst won't go away

Tom Angelripper, the vocalist of Sodom covered this song on his first solo-album 'Ein Schöner Tag' :lol:

EvilVince said:
Set-list is pretty much the same, except for "Wealth" and "Black Session". Wish they would play more stuff like "Clean Today", "Burn The Remembrance", "Right Into This Bliss", or "Brave". And I sure as hell hope they come to America! Argh!

-Vince
I second those suggestions!