Which metal album(s) are on your shit list

Originally posted by neal
its funny that you like the new lighter better produced iced earth, but you dont like the new lighter better produced in flames.

Huge Iced Earth fan here, and I don't know what the hell you're talking about man. "Lighter" Iced Earth? They don't sound lighter to me one bit.

and calling clayman gayman? shame on you all. that cd owns. sure its not their best, but its better than most other shit.
-neal

You'll learn. When they release their next album... you will learn.

Colony and Clayman were total letdowns. They have OVER simplified their already simplistic music, and now there is absolutely nothing left to like about them.

Whoracle is their best, Jesterace their second best...

I think Iced Earth -Horror Show is one of the most boring metal cds I've ever bought, and I've given it several chances. In Flames -Clayman is far more interesting and energetic IMO. I'm going to the Iced Earth /In Flames show in April, very psyched about seeing In Flames, and Jag Panzer (Mechanized Warfare is also FAR more interesting and energetic than Horror Show). I'm glad Iced Earth is going on last so I can leave after I've seen Jag Panzer and In Flames.

you rock. the horror show fans outnumber the ones who think it sucks nuts, but i just cant get into it at all. oh well. fuck em.
-neal

Colony and Clayman were total letdowns. They have OVER simplified their already simplistic music, and now there is absolutely nothing left to like about them.

yeh, i guess there is nothing left to like except for the melodies, the riffs, the vocals, the drums, and the overall finished product. yeh, other then all that shit they totaly blow nuts.
-neal

yeh, i guess there is nothing left to like except for the melodies, the riffs, the vocals, the drums, and the overall finished product. yeh, other then all that shit they totaly blow nuts.

Aders' vocals are shocking... they were bearable on colony, but not on clayman. The riffs are just rehashed iron maiden riffs being played at 220 bpm.

The drumming is nothing compared to the drumming on whoracle... what's his face should have stayed on the throne, because In Flames has reeeealy gone downhill quickly.

To each his own i guess. Clayman is In Flames' version of Metallica's Black Album.

I love both In Flames and Iced Earth, and I can't believe people think Horror Show sucks. Its not my favorite Iced Earth album, but its damn good. The Phantom Opera Ghost is fucking amazing, and so is Damien. Those songs are works of art. I think every single Iced Earth album is fucking great.. period.

As far as Clayman... that album is pure shit compared to the old stuff. I do like Clayman, but its definately my least favorite In Flames album. It seems to me that In Flames is trying too fucking hard. Clayman could've been like Whoracle or The Jester Race, but instead, it sounds like the entire point of making this album was to get on MTV and the radio. One day soon, I'll turn on a local radio station that normally plays shit like Korn, and I'll hear Only For the Weak... guaranteed. :)

I like Horror Show. In fact it's the best power metal album i've ever heard. ok, it's actually the only pm album i like.......power metal licks donkey scrotum. so there. Damien is hands down the best pm song ever, IMO.

I also think all of In Flames' albums are pretty good. so fucking sue me. . .

Type O Negative - everything! (esp. Origin of the Feces - stupid ass cover)
Deicide - all after the 1st one
Metallica - Black and everything after

Personally, I think Slayer is really boring. I can't get into their music at all, man. Especially "God Hates Us All". Do you think Slayer could have been anymore un-original with the name of this album? The title sounds like something that Static-X would put out.

Plus, the songs on God Hates Us All are really, really boring.

uh God Hates Us All the name sounds nothing like Wisconsin Death Trip and Machine... plus I dont think the songs are boring, i was listening to it on the way to and from dinner just a few min ago, i like it alot

Originally posted by dead6skin6mask6
uh God Hates Us All the name sounds nothing like Wisconsin Death Trip and Machine

Well, shit, I'm so sorry. I guess I should've said "a Nu-metal band" instead of "Static-X" to prove my point. I really don't know why Slayer has such a huge fanbase, because their music is really boring. There are so many bands that are better than Slayer, and I think people give Slayer too much credit.

Yeh,I was wondering the same thing about Black Sabbath,Judas Priest and Iron Maiden...:rolleyes:
Slayer are pioneers dude.They were one of the first thrash acts,and one of the best ever.Don't listen to their latest shit,listen to stuff like Reign In Blood,Seasons In The Abyss etc...I'm not a Slayer fan,I don't have any of their albums and I don't think I'll ever have,but I understand why they are where they are.Not many bands have written thrash hymns like Angel of Death,Raining Blood,South of Heaven,War Ensemble...

I used to listen to their old shit.. back when I was like 13 or 14 years old. Then I discovered Nevermore, Iced Earth, In Flames, Death, Hypocrisy, etc. and I realized that Slayer is SHIT when compared to those bands. I think their music is really fucking lame, man.

For the guy who said that Bjorn should have stayed on the drum throne for In Flames... He is a guitarists, he always was, he just happened to play drums a little. Daniel is a drummer, and a really good one at that. He also has an awesome singing voice. When you listen to Whoracle vs. Colony the drumming gets much more solid, and there are more tasteful fills and things. Thing is, I love Bjorn as a drummer too, I am just glad they got Dan so Bjorn could play guitar. They play catchy riffs, and even admit taking backstreet boys stuff and putting it in minor scales. Influences from everywhere. I don't think Clayman is their best, I am tied between Whoracle and Colony. I love em all though. As for Slayer, great band, way past its prime. GHUA was probably the worst thing I have ever heard. I love Slayer, I will support them, but hell that thing was horrible. They simplified themselves even more and just decided to play slow. They admit to being influenced by nu-metal. What the hell happened there?