Which mix do you like better?

broken81

Used by Protools
Dec 26, 2005
Detroit, MI
I did 2 mixes of this song today. I only did the second one because i hated some things about the first one. Let me know which one you like better and also what you would change. My ears are pretty shot and levels could be all messed up as well. I'm also not even sure if I'm going in the right direction with the mix. Number 2 is the newest mix.

I'm also struggling with getting loudness on this and there is probably clipping. Let me know if you hear it on these....

Song is called Life of ruin

www.soundclick.com/dreadcorerecords

mix 2 by far dude. the instrumental tracks sound clearer and bassier compared to the more treble heavy distortion sound in mix 1. its a sick fucking song is that your band?

mix 2 by far dude. the instrumental tracks sound clearer and bassier compared to the more treble heavy distortion sound in mix 1. its a sick fucking song is that your band?

Nope just a band I'm recording/producing. I definitely think mix 2 was me heading in a good direction. Though i still am not happy with that mix because it just seems like everything is fighting and its not clean sounding and I can not get the volume level I'm looking for with this track without clipping like crazy! Frustrating sometime because I'm really trying to get to the next level and i feel I'm falling short of what i should be accomplishing mixing. Though i did produce these guys and am pretty happy with the results on the production end. So yea any more thoughts would be great.

Lay it on me i can handle the truth! :heh:

Ok i did another mix and its definitely brighter but i tried ducking the bass on the kick parts and just tried to make the mix cleaner. I might back off the highs a hair on the guitar but let me know if it sounds any better.

This mix is called life of ruin 3 and here is a direct link to it...

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6648164

Thanks guys. Yea the drums are just sampled with Andy samples and some tweaking. the snare is a blend of 3 samples. Its the original snare and Andy's snare and also a snare Kamao posted here.

The drummer actually played this without a click track and honestly there is no editing to anything except like 2 little kick flubs on the drums. Real solid drummer with good time. Yea I'm gonna try a mix with more bass guitar and see what happens. I will definitely post the mix to get your guys thoughts on it.