Which Seymour Duncan sounding between SH4 and Sh6?

Scottxx

Apr 23, 2009
Hi guys, just want to know if there is any Seymour Duncan pickup sounding between SH4 and Sh6. I like and own the SH4, but I want something a little sharper but not that much as the SH6.

Thank you.:headbang:

People from the Duncan forum are always making these funky pickup magnet swaps. To my understanding, an SH-6 is a tweaked SH-4 with an oversized ceramic magnet, and maybe more overwound. Why not try swapping out the magnet in the SH-4 from Alnico to standard-sized ceramic? :)

Either look into that, or to my understanding, Michael Amott's signature Dean pickup is kinda like a shaper/tighter JB too.

The Custom has a more solid low end chunk and a bit more sharpness in the highs than the JB, and it is a little bit more balanced in the mids (but not scooped). It is described as a PAF on steroids, I don't know if I agree with that but personally I find it quite a well balanced pickup for high gain tones in the right guitar. It should be less hot an in your face than the Distortion. If you wanted to stay Duncan I think it is a good choice.