Which UAD2 Plugin (s) should i buy??!?!

fabz

www.respawn-inc.com
Aug 24, 2004
Heidelberg/Germany
www.respawn-inc.com
I just purchased a UAD2 Solo Flex! Yay!!! Included was a voucher worth 500$! Now i want to buy another Plugin or maybe two...

Which plugins would you buy????

I think the Empirical Labs Fatso would be a good choice... Or maybe some Neve Style Plugin???

HELP!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I know not many dudes around here think reverb is sexy, but the plate 140 is my favorite plug in ever...

Easy- Manley Massive Passive, and UAD 4k Buss Compressor.

At least that's what I would do.

Also, if your purchase didn't already come with them, the LA-2A, LA-3A, and 1176 are things I always use.

EDIT- Just saw that yours comes with the 1176SE, I'd for sure buy the 1176LN, it's a much better upgrade to the SE. Think we had a thread about it a while back. I could run like 20 instances of the SE on my UAD1 compared to like 3 or 4 of the LN, but the quality of the LN is unbeatable versus the SE.

I like the cambridge EQ. It has three different EQ "modes" and each one has different shapes and curves for the EQ bands. The only thing that is bad about it is on higher resolution screens it can be difficult to read.

I love mine. I don't know why it gets such negativity. Not too expensive, and frees up so much RAM.

Yeah, i bought my UAD1-s when they were allmost out of stock, with the vouchers I could say that the cards cost me 20$ each.

Coupled with my duende plugs, my mixes don't go over 20-30% on the cpu... I like that :loco:

Oh, and to the original OP's post.

I assumed it has to be a UAD2 plugin, thus I suggested the fatso, but if you don't have the 1176,LA2A and Plate140, i'd suggest you get those first.

Wish they'd upgrade the 1176 and LA2A though, those plugs are almost prehistoric :D

I dont have them all so this will be based
on what plugs I have.

Comp:
1176LN
LA-3A (no typo)

EQ:
Harrison 32C
Pultec Pro

Might wanna cosider the 4K Channel Strip too if you like channel strips.
Havent tried the Neve 88RS yet but I hear its pretty good too!

Ok... since i work in one of the bigger music stores in germany and we're selling UA Stuff, i gave UA a call and they gave me ALL the plugins for one year! NFRs rock!!!! I'm pretty stoked as you can imagine.... Now i only need to get the duo or quad card to use all the stuff. I made a quick testmix of an older projectand i really think the UA stuff simply makes my mixes better (punchier, more in your face) simply more 3-Dimensional if that makes sense. It's magic! YEAH!!!!

Anyway thanks for your suggestions guys!

the 88rs is really nice.
the thing with channelstrips for me is...im SO used to metric halo, that using anything else just slows me down.
But id defiantly give it a go; sounds mint.