Votes: 13 14.6%
  • AU MAC

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other, what?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
Hi, I had a conversation with a guitar plugin developer and I've been asking him many times why not jump the mac wagon as the pc market is already flooded with plenty of free plugins, usually even many times better sounding ones, than on the commercial market.

So answer the poll, in which format would you actually buy a guitar plugin if it sounded awesome to you?

VST offcourse.
I find other formats stupid and pointless. why not to have one format for all so that every one any where on every platfor can use it?
it's like DVD and it's stupid regions. i guess it could be the programming banefits of different platforms different formats but as user/customer i don't care about all this technical stuff, i pay money and i want it to work.

I'm a protools guy so it's be RTAS Mac for me.

Fighting for customers on PC and VST is kinda pointless as like Ahjteam said, the market is over saturated with awesome sounding free stuff so there's not much incentive to pay for amp sims.
Get something that sounds amazing for the Mac RTAS guys who have zero decent free amp sims, charge a small amount and you'd rack up pretty big sales.

I hate plugins that won't work on both my systems so it has to be Mac and PC, and I hate buying stuff that will ONLY work in PT, I don't know if I'll be using PT a few months from now, probably but if not thats a waste of money...so VST and RTAS too.

Fighting for customers on PC and VST is kinda pointless as like Ahjteam said, the market is over saturated with awesome sounding free stuff so there's not much incentive to pay for amp sims.
Get something that sounds amazing for the Mac RTAS guys who have zero decent free amp sims, charge a small amount and you'd rack up pretty big sales.

this. I would buy a mac version of lecto in a heartbeat.