POD X3 / Live / Platinum etc.

Xenu

Noob
Jan 2, 2010
Austria
Hi there!

I tried many plugins in the past 2 years and I have to say that the POD X3 (Gearbox) helped me to create good sounding guitar sounds within minutes in relation to the other plugins!

I'm considering to buy a POD Version but I'm not shure which one.. The POD X3 Live is kind of handy because its capabilities (Studio & Live).. But I heard that the Live-Version is not as qualitative as the X3 (Sound, Input/Output)..

Is that true? Does anybody compared all that versions? And what's the thing about the POD Farm Platinum? Is that plugin on the same quality-standard than the hardware-Versions? There are big price differences between all the POD's, so is there a quality-difference? Which one would you recommend me?

Cheers X

There isn't any difference in sound quality between them all except for the Pro, which has better conversion, but not much better. The live versions have a more sturdy build quality, but basically they all sound the same. If you're thinking about using it live, go for the Live version, otherwise the standard is more convenient for desktop tweaking (but if you want to use software to tweak, they're all the same anyway). It's more about features than anything else.