Which Whammy pedal

Actually, each whammy sounds pretty different. The XP100 being the crappiest of the 4.

From best to worst it's generally regarded as:
Whammy I
Whammy II
Whammy IV
XP-100 Whammy/Wah

Hey Matt08642,
You know, I have never heard that one or the other Whammy is better than the other, but what I can tell you is, I got the "re-issue" from Digitech, early 2004, I believe, and when I wrote the music for Bittersweet Feast, that solo was what I heard almost immediately. As Guru states, it is the one octave up feature on the Whammy, a hell of a lot of fun to play, and I'm just riffing out on a B Phrygian Dominant scale line, that's more or less diagonal in the approach.
Give a me a bit to get together my TAB program, and I'll get a resonable example on my site here before too long! Or better yet, if you have a Whammy of any_ kind, set it to 1 octave, and record it/ video it, and put it up here! A little challenge for you!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hmmm, just wondering something.

Will these online lessons be like the ones Dave Weiner does on youtube, or like the ones Chris Broderick does that you have to pay for?

These will be "live" one to one lessons with me, on a hour basis, weekly, for a fee. Done live through webcams with audio, and including transcriptions sent via internet, and all details flly discussed as we go along. All lessons geared directly towards your goals as a musician. Stay tuned for more details soon!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

i have the whammy iv and it is awesome, i have never played in another digitech whammy, but i dont see why iv would be worst than the previous ones...
can i take the challenge and record the solo???? the worst part to do is the backing track...