While Chris was chopping his fingers off, Steve Smyth was playing with Megadeth.

metalgtr84

Alabama Man
Jan 30, 2005
Berkeley, CA
Thunder stolen.

Of course, if anyone can keep up with Chris, it's gotta be Steve. I actually talked with Steve a few weeks ago, he's a really cool guy. Except at one point he was like, "Chris Broderick? Yeah I know that guy. Screw him. I'm going to take his job in Megadeth...watch this."

But I could be mistaken, I was hammered.

:saint:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually Steve is a tasty player and a great songwriter. He was in Nevermore, so... Chris did fill in for him, I think, twice at least... (man that was the greatest Nevermore guitar duo ever: Jeff Loomis and Chris)
Talking about Steve, maybe he is still pissed about his departure (which about both sides remained silent), and after Chris joined Megadeth, Warrel Dane said something like "We are very supportive, but Chris is still the number one in our book!" But just wildly speculating...

So if you were hammered, basically just misunderstood Steve, well... but if not, it's not cool of him... not at all!

It was definitely cool of steve to fill in, we all need to put the nevermore drama in the past. I am (or was rather) friends with both sides of the fence till the whole ugly incident.

Everyone has moved on and its very nice of Steve to fill in.

FYI, Steve borrowed a guitar for this. He didn't plan on playing at this years NAMM, hence the Les Paul.