Whispers: What is the song about?

Originally posted by RequiemX
I've been listening to Damnation Game recently and noticed how blatently spirital it was. That begs the question: what is Whispers about?

Any ideas?

I don't know what it's about... but the chorus is awesome... with those backing vocals.

It's great to see that the older music is getting around. Damnation Game is an intense collection of work. The guys often write highly personal songs, and they are perceived differently by each listener. Your interpretation is just for you in many songs. That's the beauty of it and the result of talented writers. Listen to "Looking Glass". And who may Alice be????? It's a head trip, for sure :eek:

Oh sure, it is based on the story, but....like much of the guys' writing, it is intensely personal with deeper meanings intertwined. I'm not an analyst and you sure don't have to analyze their lyrics, but much is written on different levels, which allows for different interpretations. Intentional? Possibly, maybe not. These guys are brilliant. I will leave it with that (my personal observation!)

Well IMO this song is slightly spiritual, what I can see from the song is that someone is seeking a more powerful force (God maybe?) or a guardian to guide him

''And when you watch over me
please guide me all the way
you're my judge and my jury''

''As I lay my head to rest
your absence will surround me
and I'll die another death''

If that ''person'' ''force'' leaves him he'll virtually die (he won't be able to live without his help)

''Whispers from you - calling out from above
visions I can't see, like the wind and your love
Whispers to you - calling out through the night
words I can't hear, graceful figure in white''

here both persons converse in a spiritual way (notice the word whisper) well that's all I can come up with, the syx guys are the only ones that can explain the real idea behind the song but to me this song has a slight spiritual undertone, maybe the song is about someone that looses a friend or someone that is very important to his life and he beleives he can communicate with that special someone.

I hope I explained myself well and all of this is IMHO of course :D

Originally posted by Ultimate_Symphony
Well IMO this song is slightly spiritual, what I can see from the song is that someone is seeking a more powerful force (God maybe?) or a guardian to guide him

''And when you watch over me
please guide me all the way
you're my judge and my jury''

''As I lay my head to rest
your absence will surround me
and I'll die another death''

If that ''person'' ''force'' leaves him he'll virtually die (he won't be able to live without his help)

''Whispers from you - calling out from above
visions I can't see, like the wind and your love
Whispers to you - calling out through the night
words I can't hear, graceful figure in white''

here both persons converse in a spiritual way (notice the word whisper) well that's all I can come up with, the syx guys are the only ones that can explain the real idea behind the song but to me this song has a slight spiritual undertone, maybe the song is about someone that looses a friend or someone that is very important to his life and he beleives he can communicate with that special someone.

I hope I explained myself well and all of this is IMHO of course :D
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

Id say the song is about someone who lost a loved one (like someones wife or girlfriend or something died) and just how he still believes she is still out there watching him and everything