White Darkness is...

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
Incredible. And I love the title track the most. It reminds me of Randy Newman, which is a funny comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
for me it was wounded soul at first, but that soon changed to belief and trial and error, and then to fields of life. now i also like hideaway. lot of good tracks on this album :) reasons is great too. oh and one way ticket...

i think this is my order of preference atm:

Fields Of Life
One Way Ticket
Trial And Error
Hideaway
Belief
Reasons
To My Inspiration
White Darkness
Wounded Soul
Trust

and 5 of them have been my favourite track at one time or another, so that's quite an achievement :)

Dan Swanö;6441672 said:
If you listen REALLY loud, there is a blastbeat-version of "Miracles out of nowhere" between song 5 and 6....

pause pause pause NAAAAT!!!! :loco:

Haha Dan has good taste in comedy aswell as music! veery nice!

Wait, so there is or isn't a blastbeat thing there? I was importing the MP3 into my DAW to crank up the decibals. :D

But I've also got to say, my Jeep has speakers from 1998 and they're made for a cassette player, but when I hook up my Zune (it's like an iPod but better) to the input and play White Darkness through the Jeep, the production is just incredible... where other CDs sound bassless and scratchy, White Darkness has plenty of bass, volume, and is very equal through my crappy speakers. It's got me playing the radio loud again. :eek:

For me, WD is a thorough and completely brilliant album. Dan Swano has been "my guide" since Opeth's "Morningrise." Dan Swano has his fingers on the pulse of the musical community in which he exists. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, Dan Swano is one of the absolute best musicians and vocalists walking this fucked up planet we live on. Thanx Dan, for your amazing musical contributions. They all have brightened up this dismal World. Peace.

For me, WD is a thorough and completely brilliant album. Dan Swano has been "my guide" since Opeth's "Morningrise." Dan Swano has his fingers on the pulse of the musical community in which he exists. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, Dan Swano is one of the absolute best musicians and vocalists walking this fucked up planet we live on. Thanx Dan, for your amazing musical contributions. They all have brightened up this dismal World. Peace.
Dag wrote most of this album, guys. I know Dan is a brilliant musician, but The Noug is not getting the credit he deserves for this album. Just read the reviews on the net; most are very positive, and they generally credit Dan for the album (this is a good way to see which reviewers are downloaders...cough metalreviews.com cough).

Eyesore, your correct. I certainly didn't mean to ignore Dag's major contribution to the composition of this album.. Dan Swano has become one of my all-time favorite musicans, and as a result, if he is involved in a musical project, he overshadows others. Next time I will pay better attention. Thanx, man.