Whitesnake - Does anyone here care?

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
So apparently they are touring.
Dunno if they are relevant on this board or not, but I spose there has to be atleast some fans. I prob would have gone to this a few years ago when I was huge on Purple.... But too much money spent on concerts lately so might have to miss it I guess :(

WHITESNAKE
Since leaving the lead singing duties of Deep Purple in 1976, David Coverdale went on to form one of the most prolific rock bands of his generation, Whitesnake. Since then he has etched his initials in the hearts and souls of rock fans around the globe. “Not even Robert Plant… or anyone else can touch Coverdale…when it comes to rock icons from that era” – Popmatters

Throughout the 80’s and 90’s Whitesnake sold out stadiums across the planet, breaking hearts wherever they roamed and played into the minds and fantasies of a legion of fans, both male and female. Whilst the girls were swooning over Coverdale’s devilish smile and emotive hip thrusts, the boys were equally in awe of the cavalcade of stunning women writhing around on car bonnets in Whitesnake videos.

Their breakthrough self titled album stormed the US and worldwide markets in 1987, going on to sell in excess of 8 million copies. Including classics like “Is This Love”, “Here I Go Again” and “Still Of The Night”, Whitesnake were catapulted to rock gods. Very few albums have ever evoked such passion and in turn made Whitesnake a household name.

There are few other men who exude the kind of confidence and mastery over a stage As Coverdale, he is quite simply a rock icon. In March 2008 Whitesnake will be touring Australia…it’s time to unleash your guilty pleasure.

TICKETS ON SALE 9am, FRIDAY 15 FEBRUARY

WEDNESDAY 26 MARCH BRISBANE, THE TIVOLI – 18+
www.ticketek.com.au 132 849, Rockinghorse & Kill The Music

FRIDAY 28 MARCH SYDNEY, ENMORE THEATRE – Licensed All Ages
www.ticketek.com.au 132 849 & Enmore Theatre Box Office 02 9550 3666 and www.enmoretheatre.com.au

SUNDAY 30 MARCH MELBOURNE, PALACE THEATRE – 18+
www.ticketek.com.au 132 849 & Missing Link

MONDAY 31 MARCH ADELAIDE, THEBARTON THEATRE – Licensed All Ages
www.venuetix.com.au 08 8225 8888 & Venue tix outlets

Without Vai it's just not happening for me... plus I'm picking tickets to be in the approximate vicinity of $100 again which I just can't justify again. Too much of a good thing.

I am DEFINITELY seeing Whitesnake. That'll be an awesome show. The one remaining concert I was going to spend money on this year was Porcupine Tree, but screw that - I'm seeing Dave and the boys instead.

I think the price is more the venue they are playing.

Ozzy is same price as Maiden was at the Acer Arena.
KISS is meant to be shitloads more.

most other places charge from $60 to $80 but since this is a 'classic rock band', I wouldn't be surprised to be paying from about $70 to $100 (plus booking fees) for them.

Which is actually fine by a lot of people, because the majority of fans have secure and stable incomes and are happy to pay that much for them.

my issue is the fact that I have to add an extra $200 to $300 if I want to see them for travel costs, accommodation, food, taxis/trains and so forth.
If they were playing Canberra, would more likely go then not and drag a whole bunch of old schoolers with me, but them playing in Sydney and after having a lot of other bands come out around the same time isn't possible.
most people outside of the cities they are playing in will say that too.
Gods help the country NSW fan who wants to see them.

I'm honestly interested in seeing the Coverdale and Jimmy Page band from a few years ago.

As much as Whitesnake rock, the Coverdale/Page project had some really cool and interesting stuff.

listened to some Whitesnake just before to remind me and they are a classic band.
Just don't have the money or will have the money to see them by then. :(

Well I was wrong.

Adult Entry - Strictly OVER 18's ONLY $105.90

heh.

not surprising.

pity though.
because it will put out a lot of people who are already seeing Helloween, WASP and so forth.

great year for gigs, not a great year for money to see gigs.

now al we need is Priest to tour and maybe a huge metal festival to suddenly announce for summer and that it's it -ever metalhead is broke.

Yeah, a metal festival would be awesome. Maiden can headline it. It can be in Brisbane.

think people would rather have it somewhere closer to Civilisation. :p:Smug:

so, that's Canberra out too. :Smug:

was talking to a Tassie boy last year or the year before about a European guy wanting to organise a huge metal festival around (Australian) international touring like Psycroptic and Alchemist and other bands who have been to Europe and have some Euro bands come out.
But he wanted it to be in Hobart or somewhere outside the city -like at a farm- and then didn't understand when he was told how expensive it would be and how hard for a lot of people to get to.

hopefully he will still want to put on such a festival somewhere on the mainland.
a farm or field would be cool -so long as it is properly organised and everything is taken care of.