Cold Chisel Light The Nitro Tour 2011

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Just when you thought the rock calendar couldn't take any more goodness ... the MASSIVE news comes that Cold Chisel have announced their biggest tour in nearly 30 years!
Triple M is presenting the aptly titled Light The Nitro Tour 2011, which promises to see the Oz rock legends in raging hot form playing 24 concerts across Australia. And in a Chisel first, the tour will include a number of appearances at the very classy A Day On The Green winery festival.
Cold Chisel have promised fans a show to remember with a setlist that will not only include 20 or more of their classic tunes but also "one or two" new songs as well. This is gonna be a truly awesome concert.
"We can't wait to get back on the road together", said frontman, Jimmy Barnes. "Every day for years I've had at least one person come up and ask me when Cold Chisel are going to do a proper tour. I'm bloody glad to finally have something good to tell 'em!".
Jimmy revealed the band first thought of doing a proper tour tour following the huge one-off show they did in 2009 as part of the V8 motor race at Sydney's Olympic Stadium.
"We got such a buzz from that gig that it made all of us really want to get our act together", he said.
"We know this band means a lot to a lot of people - especially us! So we had to do it right. We [want to] go out and play right around Australia and New Zealand in a way that we haven't really done since the early 80s."
Renowned drummer Charley Drayton will take over from Steve Prestwich, who passed away earlier this year, with one-fifth of all tour profits going to Steve Prestwich's children.
Besides the winery gigs, every ticket for every concert will cost only $99.90 (including all booking fees but excluding any credit card charges and ticketing agency transaction charges).
Presales go on sale from 9am, Tuesday, Aug 2 (for anyone signed up to the band's mailing list) with General Public On sale from 9am, Thursday, Aug 4.
The tour will be presented nationally by Triple M and Southern Cross Media, MAX and CMC. For further information, go to www.coldchisel.com and www.facebook.com/coldchisel
Tour Dates

October
13 - Newcastle Panthers - www.moshtix.com.au or 1300 438 849 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1300 438 849 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
19 - Townsville Entertainment Centre - TEC Box office, www.tecc.net.au or 07 4771 4000 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 07 4771 4000 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
21 - Cairns Showgrounds - www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849
23 - Botanic Gardens Amphitheatre, Darwin - www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849
26 - Mackay Showgrounds - www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849
27 - Rockhampton Showgrounds - www.seeitlive.com.au or 07 4927 4111 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 07 4927 4111 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
29 - Stockland Park, Sunshine Coast - www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849
30 - Gold Coast Convention Centre - www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849
November
1 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre - www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849
4 - Stadium Drive Hockey Fields, Coffs Harbour - www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849
5 - A Day On The Green, Robert Oatley Vineyards, Mudgee - www.ticketmaster.com.au or 136 100
7 - Tamworth Regional Entertainment Centre - www.visittamworth.com.au or 02 6767 5300 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 02 6767 5300 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
10 - Acer Arena, Sydney - www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849
12 - A Day On The Green, Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley - www.ticketmaster.com.au or 136 100
13 - WIN Entertainment Centre, Wollongong - www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849
15 - Sydney Entertainment Centre - www.ticketmaster.com.au or 136 100
17 - AIS Arena, Canberra - www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849
18 - Gateway Lakes, Wodonga - www.ticketmaster.com.au or 136 100
19 - A Day On The Green, Rochford Wines, Yarra Valley - www.ticketmaster.com.au or 136 100
22 - Derwent Entertainment Centre, Hobart - www.ticketmaster.com.au or 136 100
24 - Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne - www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849
26 - Sandalford Estate, Margaret River - www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849
27 - Belvoir Amphitheatre, Perth - www.ticketmaster.com.au or 136 100
29 - Adelaide Entertainment Centre - www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849

Bit of all of the above, it's honorable that 1/5th is going to Steve's kids, but, it does sort of seem a bit like a cash in for the sake of it. But for all I know they could of been planning this long before Steve's passing and they are just carrying on as agreed between themselves last year sometime or something.

The next six months is a bit too expensive for me, concert-wise, so I'm going to give this one a miss.

Yeah.... there are a lot of shows coming up that I want to see:

Avenged Sevenfold next weekend
The Living End in August
The Beatles Back 2 Back in August
Foo Fighters / Tenacious D in September
Cold Chisel in November
Queen on New Years Eve (unconfirmed)
Roger Waters in Feb

Bloody expensive!

Well I already have tix to A7X and Roger Waters...
But I agree... Chisel would be an awesome atmosphere.
Would be one of those gigs where every single person could sing every word to every song.
Imagine a setlist similar to:

Standing on the Outside
Rising Sun
You Got Nothing I want
Star Hotel
My Baby
Breakfast at Sweethearts
Forever Now
Cheap Wine
Bow River
Flame Trees
Saturday Night
Goodbye
Choir Girl
No Sense
Four Walls
Khe San
Ita
Way Down
Water Into Wine
Shipping Steel

A drunk bogans sing-along heaven!

ABC News Radio announced tonight that Jimmy collapsed today with heart pains and is being forced to take the next month off performing, so not sure how or if it will affect the up coming tour.