Dream Theater Aussie dates announced! *blows*

FerretallicA

HMAS Slagdestroyer
Mar 23, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Dream Theater finally touring Australia!

"It’s a case of 8th time lucky for Australian fans of Dream Theater. Following hundreds of petitions in the early 90’s; tens of thousands of emails in the late 90’s and much harassment of band management, agent and local promoters in this current decade; we are finally glad to get this monkey off our back. DREAM THEATER HAS INCLUDED AUSTRALIA ON WORLD TOUR #8!

Not only do we finally get Dream Theater, the band have promised to make up for lost time by bringing their greatest show and a bigger production than they have used anywhere in the world. Australian fans will finally get their moment in the sun after 22 long, agonizing years. The 3 ½ hour epic show will encompass the finest moments from the entire Dream Theater catalogue along with a stunning visual experience that will leave you breathless.

A live reputation matched by no other has swept Dream Theater to arena-status around the globe. Not only has the five-piece resolutely defied both popular trends and fickle public tastes throughout its career, but Dream Theater's sound and approach is more vibrant, powerful and wide-ranging than ever. They seamlessly encompass the many varieties of heavy, epic, punishing complex rock that has drawn legions of fans to the band's monumental catalog of releases and dynamic, marathon live shows."

Dates & Venues
January 26th (moved from 25th)
Perth
Perth Showgrounds
Bookings: Bocs Ticketing

January 28th (moved from 27th)
Adelaide
Adelaide Showgrounds
Bookings: Venue Tix

January 29th
Melbourne
Festival Hall
Bookings: Ticketmaster or 136 100

January 30th
Sydney
The Horden Pavilion
Bookings: Ticketek or 132 849

February 1st
Brisbane
Riverstage
Bookings: Ticketmaster or 136 100

Presented by KMW Productions.
All tickets go on sale 30th November.

:kickass: :headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :kickass:

Iron who? :p

Meet and greet ticket details have also been announced. Only 50 M&G packages are available for each show. At $350 a pop, I don't think they'd have a market for much more than 50 a show anyway. Your hard earned moolah gets you:

One Premium Reserved Seated Ticket within the first six rows in front the stage, or GA PIT ticket (where applicable)
Exclusive Pre-show Meet and Greet with Dream Theater before the show
Autograph session (includes 8x10 Dream Theater photo)
Personal Photograph with the band
Official Dream Theater Meet and Greet VIP Laminate

Sign me up for the Sydney one for sure. Once I get Petrucci's signature on my guitar I'll only have Eklundh, Buckethead and Friedman to go before it's ready to clear-coat and turn into a real guitar again :headbang: