Dream Theater Oz tour

I'm not really into meeting famous people (it would be a wasted opportunity because I wouldn't know what to say and stuff). /me passes.

Got two general admission tickets for Sydney... was going to do Brisbane as well, just can't afford it :(

Would have prefered seats for the Sydney show but no matter how many times I tried, we kept getting really shitty ones. So either alot where already reserved or 1000 people logged onto ticketek.com.au this morning trying to get those same seats

They might. The VIP tickets are sold as part of their merch deal as far as I'm aware, at least they used to be. The company that does their tshirts and all that also does the VIP meet and greet packages, it's all the same company at the top level. Every fan story from tours in the US and EU talks about how easy it is to meet the guys after the show by waiting near the tour bus. They pretty much always come out and spend some time with fans outside and sign shit, take photos when they can etc.

Am I the only one here who's pissed that the tickets are expensive and thinks this premium ticket bullshit where you get to meet the band is ludicrous?
Truly , why cant they do an instore and why are the tickets so expensive for them to even play festering hall in Victoria.
Not terribly happy about it , actually quite pissed about it.:cry:

The Melbourne gig happens to fall on the first day of the new school year for all Victorian students (and thus, teachers). :( :(