Opeth Dates

I've met the chap who signed em (and he even said I looked like Mikael). But knowing Lee B isn't enough to make you famous, it seems :p

I also hold the honour of getting Kem into them, merely by typing lyrics into icq at her.

Yeah. I'm a sad git :(

I used to know the bloke who thought up the name Sonata Arctica for said band. He was (perhaps still is) their tour manager as well.

Blitz.... Recent Setlists have been mainly:

Ghost of Perdition
When
White Cluster
Closure
Bleak
The Grand Conjuration
Under The Weeping Moon
Baying of the Hounds
A Fair Judgment
Deliverance.

3 off Ghost Reveries, 1 off My Arms, 2 off Deliverence, 1 off Still Life, 1 off Damnation, 1 off Orchid and 1 off Blackwater Park

What, nothing from their best album, and probably the second-best album of the 90s, Morningrise? WHAT??

Their London gig got a stellar review in the latest Classic Rock (the one with Maiden on the cover). They said it was one of the all-time great shows ever. That makes me want to see them one day.

See them in April Spiff. You owe it to yourself!
I would KILL to see To Bid you Farewell live but they haven't been playing it lately. Its cool to see WHEN in the set... I'd love The Drapery Falls and Harlequin Forest to be in there too.... And maybe replace Bleak with Blackwater Park, April Etheril or The Moor :headbang:

Blackwater Park is the only album I don't have. I went off them after Still Life, then bought Damnation and Deliverance out of curiosity. One day I'll buy it. I think I've heard it, but by then their post-Hearse stuff just bored me.

Sorta like how Dream Theater haven't interested me since Met 2.

Sorta. Bits and pieces. Haven't really given it much of a listen.

I thought they were going well with FII, I liked the direction they were going in, they were quite a fun band... but then they listened to the internet geeks who hated Derek and it all went downhill from there. :(

I'm listening to Octa at the moment. Sounds nothing like FIF to me. 6DOIT, Train of Thought and Octa may as well be the same album to me.

I've seen them twice, but will go again. The Forum is probably the most excellentest venue in Melbourne. Saw Midnight Oil there in 2001 and Joe Satriani earlier this year. Beautiful building, sublime sound.

Why can't Opeth just play My Arms, Your Hearse from start to finish?