Dream Theater NZ/Australia 2009

The Perfect Elephant is the first one I heard and still the best IMO. The rest of their stuff pales in comparison. Some awesome stuff on that one.

I listened to Be yesterday, the last Pain of Salvation album I bought. If they didn't have all that spoken word stuff in it it would be a masterpiece.

Yeah... BE has some fantastic songs but I agree... It doesnt flow that great because of all the filler talking bits.
Because all the song names are in Latin, I can never remember which is which... but the song where Daniel sings:

"I'm never crossing the line,
leaving this world behind.
I will stay on my own,
on this blood stained throne"

Is one of POS's best songs... He is the master of emoting his lyrics and putting feel into his playing.

Yeah... BE has some fantastic songs but I agree... It doesnt flow that great because of all the filler talking bits.
Because all the song names are in Latin, I can never remember which is which... but the song where Daniel sings:

"I'm never crossing the line,
leaving this world behind.
I will stay on my own,
on this blood stained throne"

Is one of POS's best songs... He is the master of emoting his lyrics and putting feel into his playing.

the song is 13. Iter Impius [Martius, son of Mars] and is also one of my faves of their's! :headbang::Smokin::worship:

:(

Saw them last night. They were pretty awesome really. The setlist was different to last time I saw them. The venue was much better too (The Palais rather than Festival Hall). I was in row J, so had a pretty decent view. Pain of Salvation were cool too.

fucking amazing. THe first night was fucking amazing but the second night was even MORE fucking amazing. I dunno, just the crowd was a little hotter for some reason and they also played Lie / The Mirror which is a personal favourite.

So glad i went to both shows!

I saw them in London (see earlier thread) and again in Brisbane. Even though the set was longer in Brisbane I think I preferred the London gig.

One thing I was disappointed in in Brisbane - too much instrumental stuff. I'd rather skip the extended Solitary Shell for another song, for example. The Count of Tuscany was again awesome for a closer, and I was surprised to find myself getting a little emotional during the second half of the song ("Now wait a minute man, that's not how it is...").

It was awesome, but going to the first night, I was rightly pissed that the setlist was similar to when I saw them in June, where as if I had have gone the second night I would have gotten The Mirror/Lie and whatever else they did differently. Fuck.

I agree about Solitary Shell. One of the weakest songs from that album as well.

Loved the Brisbane show. Was only able to do one of them this time around. Was awesome to see The Mirror/Lie. Count of Tuscany is just such an amazingly epic song, that is a brilliant closer/encore. Like Spiffo said, when those last vocals take it out it's so massive! "NOW WAAAAIT A MINUTE MAAAAN...THAAAT'S NOT HOW IT IIIIIS!!!"

You can read about my epic Dream Theater adventure at my blog! http://doseofsalt.wordpress.com

I didn't think the Count of Tuscany was that epic at the sydney show... JP's acoustic guitar during the final vocal section was too loud and kept popping when he strummed unfortunately.
In the Name of God was fucking epic though... so was the Mirror/Lie.... my highlight was probably Hollow Years.

Pain of Salvation were awesome too. Daniel Gildenlow.... that dude can fuckin sing! The Perfect Elephant kicked ass, as did Ashes and Used.... shame they didnt play Undertow (melb got it :( )

You reckon there is any chance we will ever see POS down under again Salt balls?