W.A.S.P.

Starry off the BDBB just saw them, and posted this.

Titled "W.A.S.P. = We Are Senile Pensionists?!"

Bloody hell, I'm furious! Damn you, Blackie, damn you! RRRROOOOOOAAAWWWWRRRR!!!!
madani.gif

I went to my probably last WASP concert last night. This was unexpected, I always thought Blackie Lawless belonged in the same league as his mate Nikki Sixx, a rocker through and through, larger than life and giving a damn about obeing rules. I always said that Blackie was a smart and illustrous person and that still is true, but something must have gone wrong along the way or why else is he suddenly so 'old'?

Before going to the concert I quickly checked the Z7 website for urgent news. There was 'urgent' news. They told us to leave our digital cameras at home, the management had ordered them to confiscate them at the entrance. WTF?! No one who plays at the Z7 ever demands such a thing. Oh well, I left my digital camera at home and drove three hours to the concert. I can't remember the name of the support band, something rather long. *g* They started late, played surprisingly long, but good. After that, we waited for ages even though there was no change in stage decoration at all. Blaahh... boring... I started wondering if they were stalling for time, so the old men of WASP wouldn't have to play that long. *raises eyebrows* We know they're old, really, so wtf? Get on stage and rock till you drop! Just like the audience does, too.

Finally, WASP entered the stage. The light was extremely dark, hmm... hoping to keep people from taking pictures? I never thought that Blackie would hide in the dark. And they played one ballad after the other! Nothing wrong with ballads, really, they are beautiful, but umm... shouldn't a heavy metal band play metal?! I wanted to rock!

Then, about 15 minutes into the concert, Blackie yelled at someone in the audience who obviously was a lawless one like Blackie himself and so consequently ignored the no-camera-law. Yelling at the guy for filming is a bit strange for a real rocker, but oh well, if it made him feel better... though obviously it didn't. When the song was finished, they left the stage. Not a word to us. We just stood there in the dark, confused.

There was some cheering at first, trying to coax the highly strung drama queens back on stage, but after a while the cheering mingled with more and more booing. We don't like being punished collectively for the mistake of one single person.

Apart of that, since when does Blackie Lawless set up laws and demand them to be followed? His name suggests otherwise. And stomping off stage like a five year old, hello, Blackie?! Take it like a man and fight!

After what seemed like forever, they came back on stage. But by that time, the reception was cold. They deserved it. They didn't play long this time either, and soon left the stage again, telling us they'd be back in a couple of minutes for the encores. *raises eyebrows ever higher* They left us with a puzzled "That was it?" on our faces. It took ages again and I decided it was not worth waiting for the encores, I caught the next train back home.

Happy retirement, Blackie Lawful!
edfinger.gif

She must feel pretty ripped off, as she goes to everything metal in a couple of Countries, and has been positive about nearly every band (not so much about facilities)

Eeek! Not too impressive! What is it with these people who have been photographed millions of times objecting to people taking cameras in anyway?

If Blackie waffles on about no cameras, has a hissy fit or even plays in the dark I'll still love him for coming to Adelaide - unlike the other bigger act who will remain nameless, except in my signature. heh.

The Crimson Idol is a rock opera and anyone familiar with it knows there are quite a few ballady pieces on that record, which is being played in its ENTIRITY plus a second set of classic & new songs. Woohoo! Lets just hope he plays all the dates scheduled!

From people I know who have seen WASP a lot of times in Europe, this is a pretty common occurrence. A lot of shows are dropped outright, Blackie will have a problem with something and cans the show 20 minutes in, etc. Apparently, when they're on, they're AWESOME, but it's a gamble to actually be at one of the good shows, I'm told.

heres a review I snatched from the WASP forum which was originally written for: http://www.hardwaves.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1464&Itemid=121
W.A.S.P. Live @ Le Coliseum In Charleroi, Belgium on December 14th 2007
1 2 3 4 5 (1 vote) Hard Waves Music Magazine - Live Reviews
Written by Simon Verghote
Friday, 21 December 2007
Concert Info:
Doors Opening: 19H30
Concert Start: 20H40
Organization: Federock Hainaut ASBL / Rock Metal

This gig is part of "W.A.S.P. : The Crimson Idol Tour 2007-08" (Exclusive Belgium Date)
Pre-Sale Ticket: 22 euros
At Door: 25 euros

Well, I just come back from tonight’s show of the heavy metal band W.A.S.P. The occasion is the one to describe you the feeling I had during this show a few hours ago. I’ve never been to a W.A.S.P. show but this concert tonight was incredible!

First of all, I had to wait no more than three hours to get into the venue. The gig was programmed at 7:00 pm but it seems that the band had a serious delay and was still doing the sound check at that time. So, it was more or less 10:00 pm when the heavy metal assault began and I tell you, the show was worth the wait.

The set was divided in two parts. The first one was the presentation of the entire 1992’s full length album “The Crimson Idol”. For the 15th anniversary of the release of this opus, it seems that the band was in a good mood. Indeed the legendary Blackie Lawless and his band mates gave a great show.

At the back of the stage, there was a big screen showing a related video. Artistically speaking, I think that the video was very well made. The story of the video was very interesting in my point of view. And it seems that the scenario of the film fits perfectly well with the feeling of the album. This movie tells the story of Jonathan, a boy abandoned by his parents and submitted to a strict education. Soon, this boy became a rock star and fell into drugs. He became addicted and one day, he pulled off the strings of his guitars, hang them on a stage’s ceiling and… I let you know the end of this sad story!

During this first part, we couldn’t see the band very well on stage because of the film projection behind (except for the guitars solos which were always enlighten! Very impressive!).

Then, after a short break (maybe shorter because of the delay) the band played some highlight songs. To be honest, I didn’t know the band very well before the show so, I was quite lost in their discography but the audience seems to sign along. Some tunes from their last album “Dominator” were also played during the performance. The only thing I wanted to point out is the fact that I was waiting for more songs on the second part of the show. But I could understand that, because of the delay, the show must have been stopped earlier.

The band didn’t allow taking pictures during the performance. So, I have no photos to share with you (except the flyer from the organization).

To conclude, I would say that the band was excellent on stage. They delivered a brilliant show and I would definitely take into consideration their interesting discography!

just stumbled accross this ... W.A.S.P. - The Crimson Idol Tour

For the first time ever, Blackie Lawless will be bringing his legendary band W.A.S.P. to Australia. 'The Crimson Idol World Tour' celebrates the 15th Anniversary since the release of the landmark 'The Crimson Idol' album (1992).

W.A.S.P. will be performing 2 gigantic sets:
SET 1: The Crimson Idol album in its entirety.
SET 2: A mix of old classics and new material including tracks from their latest album 'Dominator' released in April 2007.

Joining W.A.S.P. as very Special Guests will be Australian hard rock legends, The Poor, who will be hitting the road for the first time in 10 years!!

Event & Pricing Information
Event:
W.A.S.P. - The Crimson Idol Tour

Select Venue:
Metro Theatre
Select Date:
Tue 08 Apr 2008 7:15PM

On Sale Soon:
Mon 14 Jan 2008 9:00AM (AEDT)

Ticket pricing at:
Metro Theatre, NSW on Tue 08 Apr 2008 7:15PM

general admission
Adult - Over 18's ONLY (Photo ID req.) $91.10

Venue Map and Seating Information
Metro Theatre, NSW
Back to Search Results

Wow, a Taswegian! I just came back from there today. Where are you located, sloughfegkillers?