W.A.S.P.

And Mean Man. Best song ever.
Great song indeed!

Oh Bucko I meant "was there a video clip with the interview" on the rock arena episode. I ask more out of curiousity, as I've got all their clips & live videos from the 80's.

Trixxi, nice set list, it would be great to see them play lots of the debut album. no BAD though??

I would love to see some "circus" songs too:headbang:

It would sound funny them addressing "Long Beach Arena" on an Australian tour.

So Crimson Idol would make more sense than live in the raw.

I'd like Blind in Texas and LOVE machine 'though.

Also, the dates have changed.

8.4 NSW W.A.S.P. Metro Theatre, Sydney
10.4 QLD W.A.S.P. Tivoli, Brisbane
13.4 SA W.A.S.P. Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide
15.4 VIC W.A.S.P. The Forum, Melbourne

Note the single night and smaller venue in Sydney.

Is the Tivoli an upstairs venue in the Valley? If so, then I think it's smaller than the Arena, which is small enough already! If I'm wrong, meh :p

Yeah I think it was waaay ambitious to go for the bigger rooms (without knowing how big the Arena is). The Enmore holds 3000 and the original dates had two shows there. Now they're only doing the one at the Metro, which is half the size. :)

Remember how I said (on page one) that I heard W.A.S.P. will be playing TWO sets! Well this is definitely true, the following was taken from www.waspnation.com page

"Inquiries have been made as to whether The Crimson Idol will be performed only in
select locations. The Crimson Idol Event will be performed every night in each of the
cities in the Tour Schedule. After the Crimson Idol has been performed the band
will take a 10 minute intermission and return to perform all the great
W.A.S.P. classics you know and love."

I'm really struggling to contain my excitement. The only shame is Chris Holmes won't be onstage...

W.A.S.P. Australian Tour 2008 confirmed dates & venues:

4 SHOWS ONLY

APRIL 08 - SYDNEY - METRO THEATRE
APRIL 10 - BRISBANE - THE TIVOLI
APRIL 13 - ADELAIDE - THEBARTON THEATRE
APRIL 15 - MELBOURNE - FORUM THEATRE

Tickets on sale Monday January 14th 2008.

www.ticketek.com.au
www.venuetix.com.au

See W.A.S.P. for the first time on Australian soil
They will be performing 2 gigantic sets

SET 1: The Crimson Idol album in its entirety

SET 2: A mix of old classics and new

......and from the promoter:

Dear Rock & Metal fans of all ages,
In light of the recent announcement that W.A.S.P. will be embarking on their first Australian Tour in their illustrious 25 year history, there were plans to take The Crimson Idol to as many cities as possible. Perth, Newcastle, Gold Coast & even New Zealand was on the cards.

Due to the touring schedule of W.A.S.P. and the availbility of venues the intenary was re-worked half a dozen times before a conclusion was drawn to 4 shows in 4 cities; Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide & Perth.

This promises to be one hell of a night with Blackie & the boys more eager than ever to get their arses down under. So excited are the band that their shows will consist of two equal sets. One being The Crimson Idol album in its entirety and the other a mix of old classics and new. Expect a surprise or two!

Do yourself a favour, make your way to a show in a city near you and see one of Metal's true masters take the reigns.

Dare to miss this? You'd be crazy! See all you Hellions there....

Many Rocking Regards,

WBE

It would sound funny them addressing "Long Beach Arena" on an Australian tour.
Live in the Raw is brilliant, I still love that album, it helps to have the extra unreleased stuff on it for longevity. I am the Manimal!:kickass:

Some clips from the 84 Lyceium show... Awesome show, I bought this vid from Kmart back in the 80s!:lol:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGm0rjgqXUM&feature=related[/ame]

Blood n guts:

The Hellion
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36dqj5l_eqs&feature=related[/ame]

The Manimal song over W.A.S.P. footage from various time periods in the 80s. Great song and the clip is cleverly put together.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp0s27tIqRY&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
from the 80s movie THE DUNGEONMASTER
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd36mSbmNcE&feature=related[/ame]
gotta love the way he disintegrates the band at the end. Classic 80's