Whitesnake - Does anyone here care?

That's about the same price as the Foo Fighters, Bev.

That's different. There is no amount of money that can keep me from the Foo's. Even when it's not my money. :lol:

Actually, that's just a little less than what we paid to see them at Wembley Stadium. The tickets for the O2 gigs (20,000 seater) were about $75. So I suppose there is an unfortunate mark up for Australian fans; maybe it's all the travel and stuff. :erk:

As I said to a bloke at the gig last night, in ten years we're going to be saying, "I remember ten years ago when it only cost $150 to see Maiden".

Prices have gone up a fecking shitload in the last couple of years. :( At least lots more bands are coming out now, probably as a result of that.

TinMan, W.A.S.P. tickets are actually $91. :(

I figured we had heaps of bands because of the US dollar, but I may be wrong because I really don't know anything about economics, except that a Labor government will mean higher interest rates.

Haha I was wondering where Dan had got to earlier. He disappeared as soon as this board had its real purpose again i.e. an impending Maiden tour.

The dollar would have a fair bit to do with it, Spiff. That combined with higher ticket prices = more money to be made out of tours.

Prices have gone up a fecking shitload in the last couple of years. :( At least lots more bands are coming out now, probably as a result of that.

TinMan, W.A.S.P. tickets are actually $91. :(

Speaking of W.A.S.P anyone going? Love to see blackie, but cant justify another $91 after just seeing maiden

I was thinking about it, but then I saw the ticket prices and read that Blackie is prone to ending gigs early, the little self-absorbed sook.

gah 91 for wasp?

fux0rs. I'm sure my skanky friend told me it was 50something.

i never thought i'd see the day when enough bands were coming out that i had to actually prioritise which ones i would go to see for financial reasons.

I'll be at Whitesnake for sure!!!

But it says The Palace for Melbourne.
Now, The Palace burnt to the ground last year in an arson attack after the St Kilda Triangle developers won their legal battle.
So unless they are playing on an empty site of land, I am assuming it is *supposed* to mean next door at The Palais, but Ticketmaster usually do their tix, not Ticketek.

Is there a new place in Melbourne called "The Palace" somewhere??

Are you serious? BILLBOARD? That place is tiny, Whitesnake could sell Festival Hall in a heartbeat, simply because they're a 'classic rock' band with connections to Deep Purple and the like. Better get my tickets first thing Friday morning if that's the case coz this thing's gonna sell out...

And I dunno how they are calling Billboard a theatre either!! That's why I thought it'd have to be The Palais (until I saw Ticketek), and The Palais is a good size for a Whitesnake show and suitable venue too..

yeah i dunno mang... i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure it's billboard. I think billboard is a pretty nice little venue but yeah... LITTLE is the operative word.

I saw Whitesnake at festival hall in the 90s and it was... it was pretty good but at the time i didn't know enough of the songs. Now i know a few more so it should be awesome.

It'd be The Palace Theatre, which is the new name for The Metro. It's been taken over by the old Palace operators, and is being turned into a dedicated band venue. The Palace Theatre is actually an old name; it was called that for a while in the first half of the last century. :headbang:

Yeah Metro is a bit bigger, and also has a good stage... Saw Kisstroyer there once and the stage area was big enough for their "Gene" to fly to the rafters in the God Of Thunder solo.

That makes sense if the old Palace operators have taken it over that it'd be called that now, and excellent news that another good venue has returned to being a dedicated live band venue. Billboard & Metro are both great venues so its awesome to have bands at them again!! Kinda softens the blow of losing The Palace last year.

yes I CARE but tix are $118 bucks or so and i just dont have that dough after seeing MAIDEN 4 times ... so I will have to give this a miss unless i sell my other kidney