Aussie OPETH Tour!!!

Glad to hear you guys will get to experience Opethian glory. Hopefully Mikael won't get bitten by a death adder. Or a taipan. Or a great white shark. Or a blue ringed octopus. Or a jellyfish. Or a funnel spider. Or a man-eating mutant koala.

I'm assuming Tasmania is the West Virginia of Australia? You're the 3rd Australian I have met who brought that up. It almost sounds like Tasmanians will gut and eat you and then wear your skin as vest or something. :lol:

cornball joke here....Tasmanian Devil's still better than dealing with my ex-wife!!

I haven't been here in a while.. and I know I've already commented on this thread.. but..

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY @ opeth in september..

that is all :)

nope, I'm much too proggy for that... :p

I'd probably go to Meshuggah before going to see them, but I'm not seeing them either... In the back of my mind I'm still saving money for flying to Melbourne when Symphony X hypothetically tour Australia but miss Adelaide... :erk: Hopefully soonish... :lol: And I guess any other number of more proggy bands who I'd rather see if they come to our shores any time soon...

pfft, give it up, theyre never coming haha.. did u come for DT? i know some crazy bastards that paid like $350 to see and meet DT..

Then call me a crazy bastard... :lol:

IMG_1795MeetnGreetPhoto.jpg

I had saved enough to fly to see them if I needed to, but seeing as that they were coming here, I thought I'd take the opportunity... :D

EDIT: And yes, everybody else, I know I've posted this many times already... :p

@ dan - my god.. you fanboi's are amazing, and i also mean my other friends who did the same in that..

i dont care how much i love a band, i would never pay upwards of $350 for a show and signing.. signings and pic opportunities should be free imo, the fact they charged, and charged SO MUCH just shows pure greed to me.. i wouldnt even pay that for moonsorrow! mind you id pay upwards of $3k to fly over and see them :p but it's not the same thing.. /rant

:lol: I've been through this debate before, so I won't again, but I don't regret it one bit. Anyway, if they did have free pics and signings, they would never get through them all, there woulda been just far too many people...

But FWIW, John Petrucci did a free guitar clinic earlier in the afternoon which people got pics and signings, and Mike apparently came out after the show to say G'day to those who stuck around, so I don't think you could say the band is greedy, its just a way of trying to give an organized opportunity to those who want to take advantage of it...

FWIAW, I'd do the same thing for Symphony X if they came, though they wouldn't as likely be overrun by the same multitude of fans and could therefore get away with just hanging around afterwards imo...

Anyway, OPETH!!!! Yeah can't wait... :D