Saxon Oz Tour

:cry:Not I. Im fiscally challenged until well after the Maiden tour. I'll just my son to sing wheels of steel for me, he's slowly picking it up.:lol:

From the LORD site

Saxon Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are pleased and honoured to announce that we have been chosen to be part of the legendary Saxon (UK) Australian tour!

The press release from the good folks at KMW is as follows:

Quote:
SAXON ANNOUNCE SYDNEY & MELBOURNE SHOWS!

To say that Saxon are one of metal's most influential bands would be no understatement. The band who along with Iron Maiden and Motorhead begun the movement now known as The New Wave Of British Heavy Metal, have been sited by no lesser luminaries than Metallica and Slayer as a primary influence.

Being the trailblazing pioneers in any walk of life has its hazards and so it was that Saxon's over the top shows also inspired a young filmmaker by the name of Rob Reiner who made the world's first full length mocumentary, This Is Spinal Tap!

Despite having enough history to deserve a faculty dedicated to them at Oxford or Cambridge, Saxon has never been the kind of band to rest on it laurels. Their pioneering ways continue with the announcement of the band's first ever tour of Australia.

TICKETS ON SALE WEDNESDAY 3 OCTOBER, 9am

WEDNESDAY 24 OCTOBER - SYDNEY, THE FORUM – 18+
Moshtix www.moshtix.com.au 1300 GET TIX (438 849), Moshtix outlets & Utopia.
THURSDAY 25 OCTOBER - MELBOURNE, THE HI-FI – 18+
Ticketek www.ticketek.com.au & 132 849 or www.thehifi.com.au & Missing Link

Adding to the shows will be our good friends Black Majesty who will be appearing at both the Sydney and Melbourne dates.

See you all there!

I would have to question, if it truely qualifies as a tour when they are only playing two shows:rolleyes:

It's a lot better than the "not tours" that have been experienced.

A single show is much closer to tour than no shows.