Who asked about Loki again?

yeah i forgot to point that out... we don't even study celtic gods at school in france.
i guess its cultural... the great french authors wrote plays about roman/greek mythology, which is why france has a more important interrest in that mythology, and egyptian mythology cause i guess its an important one...
celtic mythology doesnt really have litterary support (although i could easilly find books about celtic myths.. much easier then finding norse mythology books), the french practically forgot about all the celtic stories and all... the average frenchman knows a few names like Belenos or Toutatis thanks to the famous comic book "Asterix and Obelix" (i dont know if you know about it.. but its famous in france.. and belgium)

I still love reading Asterix&Obelix, the movies were quite funny as well.
As far as history, we studied the tribes of our area in Belgium as well as the germanic tribes, I don't think we went in depth in mythology. However, we did study the Egyptian and Roman gods and then got into the french history at the Capet dynasty all the way to the revolution then moved to learn all the american battles and history of the american revolution.

I fucking wish they would subtitle the live action version of Asterix that came out a few years ago. I've seen all the cartoon ones (and read all the comics), but I can only find the live action one on the French channels here. My French isn't good enough to get all the jokes...
About the slavic gods and goddesses, I am reading a book on them right now, but it's like there's a big hole in western European litterature about them!

Feraliminal Lycanthropizer said:
belgar is not going to fuck you.

well... actually the guy who invented and wrote the Asterix and Obelix was a french-speaking belgian.. so there. :p

and Thelastwithpaganblood, there were 2 Asterix and Obelix movies, the first one features the HOT Laeticia Casta and the second one features the beautiful Monica Bellucci (as Cleopatra).. so both have an interest ;), yet the storyline for the second (called Asterix Mission Cleopatra) is better, and as a whole its much funnier.
i can't imagine it being translated in another language, cause there are some jokes which wouldnt work...
like for example at the end Asterix is flirting with a girl and tells her her hair knots are more beautiful that Obelix's, so she goes "you know how to speak to women" and Asterix answers "well yeah.. thats Gaul".. in french Gaul means the place and also having a boner.. so thats funny :D yet you cant translate it..
well comical movies are always difficult to translate when it comes to play on words.. i totally hate english movies dubbed in french for that reason.. its totally lame.

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
Gotta a question for you, feralyl, or anyone else who can answer it for that matter.
What are the norms with shoelace colour for skins? Is whte only for WP and red commys? And waht's with one yellow lace?

well, generally, WP skins would wear white shoe laces if they wanna show they are WP, and commie skins would wear red.. then both can wear black if they dont particularly wanna show it.

yet a non-WP skin could easilly wear white shoe laces, either to provoke WP skins or just cause he/she likes it that way.
yet you will never find a WP skin wearing red shoe laces.

as for yellow laces.. i have no idea what they are.. i didnt know skins would wear that colour of laces.

my german eacher told me about it being a fight between red skins and white skins, where the white ones were nazis and the red ones commies, but remember american history x? the skins there have red shoe laces I belive. I've also seen a skin with white laces and a "gegen nazis" (against nazis) patch on his jeans. Then once I saw one with red laces giving a cigarette to one with white ones. Feralyl pm and said its a bit out of date with the symbolic colours, I guess she's right.