Who do you want to see?

I decided just to go through my itunes and pick bands that I really wanted to see after releasing a new album this past year.

Anubis Gate
Nocturnal Rites
Susperia
Vintersorg/borknagar
Vainglory
Agent Steel
Battlelore
Cage
Darkwater
Dream Evil
Eldritch
Ensiferum
Heaven Shall Burn
Lion's Share
Metalium
Moonsorrow
Nightingale
Norther
Persefone
Quo Vadis
Seventh Wonder
Tyr

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I'm making notes!
Please keep them coming! Some of these might be more possible than you realize! :D

If only I can get the venue squared away...

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I'm making notes!
Please keep them coming! Some of these might be more possible than you realize! :D

If only I can get the venue squared away...

Where are you planning on having your show in 2008?

Where are you planning on having your show in 2008?

Well, F.B.I. 1 is always an option of course, but I'm waiting on another financial source to come through before I make a commitment to a venue. I may be able to move to Meridian or Engine Room. Then again, I may stay at FBI because they are good to us. It won't be a problem to get a venue, I suppose I should have said I'm waiting to see what kind of budget I will have so I can make a venue decision. Clear as mud, huh? :lol:

Well, F.B.I. 1 is always an option of course, but I'm waiting on another financial source to come through before I make a commitment to a venue. I may be able to move to Meridian or Engine Room. Then again, I may stay at FBI because they are good to us. It won't be a problem to get a venue, I suppose I should have said I'm waiting to see what kind of budget I will have so I can make a venue decision. Clear as mud, huh? :lol:

Have you been to either of these venues? Of the two, my opinion is that the Meridian is a better venue than the Engine Room. Meridian's "red room" is small and does have a tiny stage...I wouldn't even call it a stage, it's a riser. :heh: The "blue room" is much nicer...larger overall area and higher, larger stage.

Can't give you a comparison to FBI though since I never seem to make it there... :cry:

Stacy

Have you been to either of these venues? Of the two, my opinion is that the Meridian is a better venue than the Engine Room. Meridian's "red room" is small and does have a tiny stage...I wouldn't even call it a stage, it's a riser. :heh: The "blue room" is much nicer...larger overall area and higher, larger stage.

Can't give you a comparison to FBI though since I never seem to make it there... :cry:

Stacy

I've been to the Meridian but not the Engine Room. FBI 1 is about half the size of the Meridian blue room's (the main room right?) standing room but with a stage that is nearly the same size. It has no second room like Meridian does (red room), and only a small area on either side of the stage for gear and band space. FBI 1 is open during the day for regular bar patrons, whereas Meridian is basically just open during shows. FBI 1 has pool tables, video games, air hockey, and video poker, Meridian does not but has the nice second lounge room (red room) and a better VIP area (I think). FBI 1 is great and so is Meridian. I've heard only good things about the Engine Room, but haven't been there.

I've been to the Meridian but not the Engine Room. FBI 1 is about half the size of the Meridian blue room's (the main room right?) standing room but with a stage that is nearly the same size. It has no second room like Meridian does (red room), and only a small area on either side of the stage for gear and band space. FBI 1 is open during the day for regular bar patrons, whereas Meridian is basically just open during shows. FBI 1 has pool tables, video games, air hockey, and video poker, Meridian does not but has the nice second lounge room (red room) and a better VIP area (I think). FBI 1 is great and so is Meridian. I've heard only good things about the Engine Room, but haven't been there.

Yes, the blue room is the main room. The only really bad thing about the Meridian is the freakin' metal and cement stairs necessary to get in and out of the place. I always feel like I'm on a fire escape.

Having been to the Engine Room, I don't ever plan to go back unless someone can tell me it's 100% different than it used to be. :yuk: I seriously felt like I was in a deathtrap....and couldn't see the bands on stage at all either.

I really think you should stick with FBI for the second year. Just my opinion. Parking sux at the Engine Room. I am completely biased on this, but I think Frankie is the heart and soul of the Houston scene right now.

As for another band...

Suidakra!!!

Yes, the blue room is the main room. The only really bad thing about the Meridian is the freakin' metal and cement stairs necessary to get in and out of the place. I always feel like I'm on a fire escape.

Having been to the Engine Room, I don't ever plan to go back unless someone can tell me it's 100% different than it used to be. :yuk: I seriously felt like I was in a deathtrap....and couldn't see the bands on stage at all either.

Noted about the Engine Room. Thanks! And I agree about the steps at Meridian, but it's not a big enough concern of mine to prevent me ever working with them.

If you get GC to play that show, I will PAY to be on the bill. End of story. GC are my fave band ever besides Queensryche.

TOTALLY.NOTED. !! Thanks! :cool:

I really think you should stick with FBI for the second year. Just my opinion. Parking sux at the Engine Room. I am completely biased on this, but I think Frankie is the heart and soul of the Houston scene right now.

As for another band...

Suidakra!!!

Yeah I like FBI 1 and I'd like to keep it there too, but I do have to keep my ear to the ground about other options... And yeah, Frankie AND The Bossman are rockin' it in Houston! :headbang:

Hell yeah, I dig Poisonblack a LOT! That's one import I'd LOVE to make happen! These guys would SO tear it up in Houston!

They would be my first choice, but there are some other Finns that would be sweet, as well imo.
Charon
For My Pain...are they still active?
Entwine
Malpractice
End Of You