Who do you want to see?

Nightwish, first and foremost. I've really gotten to dig Anette after seeing them live when I was in Detroit to see friends.

To-mera! It would be great to see them live. I loved Julie Kiss when she was in Without Face... but I don't think they ever played the US or if they did I never heard about it. :(

After Forever. Two words. "Floor Jansen". Two more words. "Is Amazing". 'nuff said!

Leaves' Eyes. Liv Kristine can do no wrong. Literally.

Opeth. I always seem to miss them!

Dendura. From Michigan... and I'm still waiting for them to play Chicago. Again, remarkable vocals really make a band's sound shine.

(Can you tell I tend to like strong vocals? lol) :headbang:

I'm surprised anyone even suggested Vainglory... the singer's got powerful vocals, but is waaaaaaaaay too raspy & masculine for my taste.

A little roughness is sexy, but she's a bit much.

Just my opinion. ;)

Surprised?? Do you assume that because YOU don't like a band no one else could possibly enjoy them? :rolleyes:

I stated MY opinion. I'm entitled to it, the same as you are to yours. I think my remark was pretty civil and I wasn't bashing the band itself, I simply do not care for her vocal tone.

For the record, I'm just as surprised that people listen to Ashlee Simpson or Courtney Love, for that matter.

It certainly isn't my fault that so many people seem to be tone deaf.

I stated MY opinion. I'm entitled to it, the same as you are to yours. I think my remark was pretty civil and I wasn't bashing the band itself, I simply do not care for her vocal tone.

For the record, I'm just as surprised that people listen to Ashlee Simpson or Courtney Love, for that matter.

It certainly isn't my fault that so many people seem to be tone deaf.

Actually I do think you bashed the band as well as bashed the people who do like the band and suggested them for the show....and now you appear to be accusing us of being tone deaf (but of course that is just MY opinion). :Smug: Also, so far, yours has been the only negative comment regarding a band in this thread.

Obviously we are all entitled to our opinions...what I was questioning is how can you be surprised that the band was suggested for this festival? It's not like Madfest is limited to only bands with a certain type vocals or only prog metal, black metal, etc. I wasn't questioning your opinion of the band.

Believer! They are to begin recording a new album soon.

Drummer Joey Daub:
I am also twisting Kurt's arm to get out and tour for the new Believer album. It should be a very busy 2008!

A Madfest appearance would be welcomed...by me anyway.:headbang:

Believer! They are to begin recording a new album soon.

Drummer Joey Daub:

A Madfest appearance would be welcomed...by me anyway.:headbang:

I read that too and almost shed a tear! Believer has been a favorite of mine for many many years. I would have a lot of personal satisfaction having Believer grace the stage of one of my events!

I wonder how much they want... :heh: