Who gets the last word in?

Ah, that's an awesome forum. Looks like it will do very well. :)

Come on, Li, you know this thread will never die. It's what brought so many of us together. :D

Not much, working on and off. My job isn't giving me enough hours so now I am looking for either another one to have at the same time, or one to just solely have. It's annoying. How about you?

Right now, I'm working at a German imported goods store. The only reason why I was interested in it in the first place was to practice my German. Now that I'm off school for four months though, I was expecting at least 40 hours/week. They're only giving me 15-25, which is not nearly enough.

So you think you'll be graduating soon then, eh?

The problem with it is that we never actually discussed anything about my hours because they sort of just hired me on the spot. It was weird, so I didn't even find out until my first day, and apparently they're already overstaffed so they can't give me more hours. Like why hire me in the first place then. Ugh.

That is awesome. I hope it all works out for you. :D

Ah, well I've had calls from other people, but I turned down others before since I assumed this job would pick up and give me more hours, but they're not. It's weird. Actually, I just got some weird random call from the other side of the country from a company that I didn't even apply for asking if I'm still looking for a full-time job, and they set up an interview with me with their branch in my city, however, they said that the dress code is business casual, and there is no way I am going to wear anything other than jeans.

Ah come on, you know you're going to make it. You just need to stick it out for another few weeks. To think you are almost done!

Are you going to be around in ten minutes? I'm just going to go down the street to pay my rent and come right back.

well some jobs do require a suite or something, can't do nothing about that. I agree that it takes away your idividuality but still it gives a better impression to customers.
But it's good that some company you've never heard of asked about you, it means you have a good reputation and that can only come in handy.

well I don't know, we're learning .NET this year and I'm not too good with that and I'm quite lazy actually. We'll see what comes.

Yeah, that's a very good point. The thing is, I simply can't afford to go out and buy slacks or something. I barely have enough money to pay for rent right now.

Ah, well good luck with that. I hope it won't be too much of a hurdle.

Yeah, I know that I can definitely find something as I've already had a few offers. It's just the timing that matters here.

What do you plan on doing after you graduate?

Sorry for the double post, but it's not even showing on the main page that I posted here. Are you having problems with it right now too? It's really slow for me.