Who gets the last word in?

Thrash is one of those genres that tires me after a while. I can enjoy music that incorporates elements of Thrash but not Thrash in its purest form too much.

Evile are an excellent band. I love thrash. For the entire time I've been into metal up until the last year or so, I have totally overlooked thrash. I first listened to bands like Kreator and Sodom, which didn't really appeal to me; I was more into things which were written to perfection or at least well thought out. Now I can't get enough, I love Sodom and Kreator for what they are. Thrash is simple and that's what I find enjoyable.

My top five albums of this year so far (not in any order):

Lamb of God
Lazarus AD
DevilDriver
The Black League
Novembers Doom

I'm not aware of too many big releases besides Slayer between now and the end of the year, so unless a smaller band surprises, there may not be too many changes to that list. I know a lot of critics are going to have Mastodon on that list, but I find their music kind of boring and overrated. The Lazarus AD may need an asterix beside it, because technically the album was released a few years ago on a tiny label, and is only now seeing the light of day having been re-done and released on a bigger label. I would definitely recommend checking it out regardless.

What gets me about Thrash is how little experimenting I've found in it. While there are definitely unique sounding bands, I can't seem to find out of the ordinary elements worked into it.

I meant hopefully I'll get a decent night's sleep. I didn't even know it until last night, but it turns out Motorhead was playing in Denver this weekend while I was there. I could have seen them twice, although realistically, Denver was all about the beer.