Who has been to The Wiltern?

pac1288

El Jefe
Dec 1, 2001
California
Visit site
Well anybody here ever been inside this venue? And if you have, is it nice( I assume it is considering it's a theatre) or is there something about it, or it's location that sucks?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

wiltern is great
i have seen several shows there
rolling stones were great there as was joe satriani and steve vai. i think the guitar player for dream theater played first killer sound.
right next to subway if dont want to drive
opeth there should be fantastic
you owe me a beer ha ha:hotjump:

Tool there on the Lateralus tour. Was a fantastic show and the sound was great. The place has a vintage style that will suit an Opeth show well. I'm not sure on the exact seating count... I'm not going to count the seats on the seating chart, but as I remember it's not too big and there were not really any bad seats in the whole place..

Enjoy!:Spin:

Out.:devil:

How's the view from balcony? is it too far away from stage? or it's a great view? I accidantly bought a ticket from balcony..LOL.

If anyone wants to trade tickets,btw,let me know.
My ticket is like 2nd seat of balcony :headbang:

edit: how about parking? I'll be driving from San Diego, and It's been a while since i'v been into that much traffic.. :D

My tix finally arrived! I read on the Wiltern website that it holds 2300 people. Opeth's starting to get into like Dream Theater territory as far as popularity goes.

So, L.A. people, where's some good places to eat around there?

Cool guys, thanks for your replies.

I just wanted to get some info on the place since I'm going and everything. I am quite excited about this event, and for two reasons: the trip over there from Santa Cruz( because I enjoy driving to distant destinations) and the concert itself(obviously). I will be the guy with jeans and a black shirt, and maybe a sweater on top of my attire:) . So who ever said I owe them a beer in a sarcastic type of way, I'm determined to make such a purchase if you prove to be this person.

With that said, lets hope Opeth plays fucking Black Rose Immortal!