Who has time to mix/master a whole album for me?

Composer

New Metal Member
Jan 30, 2012
Hello guys, I know i'm new here in the forum, but I was looking for somebody who could master some tracks for a project (which you'll know about eventually!!), it's kind of a prog metal thing (Dream Theater being the main influence).

So, I was looking for somebody who wanted to practice and still do an excellent job at mixing/mastering tracks, they have drums/bass/guitars/vocals and a lot of strings. It's a conceptual thing.

The tracks were previously mixed by an engineer, however, the result wasn't the one I expected, he's not really into metal so I didn't like it overall (and a waste of good moneys!!), so, check a small sample of what I have, and if you want to give it a try to a single song and see how it sounds, you can PM me, unfortunately, budget is a huge problem since I already invested with another engineer, but would like a second opinion, (mixing/mastering credits will go only to him, not my friend, too bad!!) thanks!

Here's a small sample, even if you don't want to mix, give it a listen, see ya!

http://depositfiles.com/files/nsnlkxrqq

please use dropbox to post samples here, nobody likes "wait and click" download sites for listening to something on the net. Not being mean or anything, it´s just a general thing we have here. It would be awesome if you downloaded dropbox through my refferal link and give me a small 250 mb bump (it also gives you the same bonus): http://db.tt/BX3BvbG

About the mix, I´d love to listen to it and since you say it´s a DT type thing, I would be interested in checking it out. I might even do a song just for practice/fun if the tracks are well recorded, but I won´t do a full album for free/nor dirt cheap, no offense

You cant expect someone to mix and master your whole for free, especially considering its your first post on the forum. I'll have a listen later though seeing as its meant to be like DT

Would love to have a listen and maybe have a crack at 1 song, but yeah.. Even IF you liked mine etc, I'd hope my cost was in your budget :S Don't think anyone here would be doing a whole album mix/ master for pocket change and credit etc

Well that's true, probably you want to check the song and if you want to give it a try and sounds awesome, we could talk about some payment, but i'm not sure if I can go too high there, let's see how it goes and probably we figure this out, I'd like you could take a listen to the "snippet" from my link, I could upload it to dropbox later so my apologies about that.

I added a reverbnation link too, hope this works for you guys!!

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11981081

had a listen, i'm definitely confident i'd have a lot of fun mixing this, definitely got a lot of ideas in my head about the direction of the mix. PM's

Is my computer on crack or the link is not working?... And please clarify what you said about mixing/mastering credits not going to "my friend" - who are you referring to? I just want to know, in case you hire somebody, is that person going to be credited or not...

Hello, I 'd like to thank everybody for contacting me.

Nervirasme: The mixing/mastering credits go for the person who will fix my tracks, probably my engineer has some credits because he quantized and fixed the voices, but the right person from this forum will have major credits. If you want to give it a try too send me a PM

Now, I've been receiving some PM regarding the mix, didn't expect this response!!, As I've been telling you, I'll go and get the session files (Pro Tools LE or wavs) by weekend and I'll send you a track (probably one with voice), unproccesed so you can do your magic, some of you already told me my mix sucks :p, but it's ok as long you can make it sound better.

Keep in touch guys!!

Thank again guys.

I'll re-record a small phrase from one song, then i'll send wavs to everyone who asked for it, keep in touch!

^^ WAVS would be best yes, not PRO TOOLS stuff because there's at least Reaper, Cubase, Pro Tools and maybe even Studio One guys in here. So yeah, WAV's would be nice :)

make that two Studio One guys. Yeah PM me, i'd like to get some practice in. Not interested in payment