who heard the new soilwork?

U

Unregistered

i got the promo.
the vocals are mostly clean, but they're not as corny as on "natural born chaos," like the "song of the damned" chorus. the production is great. there's far less lead work than on previous albums and the drums aren't as fast. but overall it's pretty good, the best songs being "figure number 5," "distortion sleep," and "downfall 24." while good songs, "brickwalker" and "departure plan" don't even sound like they're made by a metal band; they're very similar to stuff on the radio. the verse of "departure plan" sounds like the prechorus of "system" from the new in flames album.
i hope nevermore doesn't become more popy on the new one. i'm running out of stuff to listen to.

Ecstatic Youth said:
wow, well that's interesting. i hope the soilwork doesn't blow. that would suck, i doub tit'll actually be BAD though.
i have no doubt in my mind that the new nevermore will be nothing short of brilliant

having heard most of the new songs I have to say that nobody will be let down...some of the new ones are so uncommercial that their record label will probably be pissed off 'cause the last one was the biggest seller and it had a lot of really catchy songs

I think I may like it better than NBC,
but speed's vocals are what make the album so good for me.

just don't spoil it by listening to Chainheart Machine anytime soon, hahaha ...

see, i really like it all. purists and others rag on soilwork sometimes as of late because of the cleanness and the catchiness. but is it really so bad to have a few catchy songs? and does that really ruin an album? and does that really ruin ones opinion of a band? i don't think so. NBC fucking rocked and i personally can't wait for the new one.
.....though if they had a song like Room 99 on the new one that WOULD be cool.....ha ha ha......:lol:.......

I like (most of) the songs on NBC, and believe I could really like them live. But I mean on the album the production is such that everything is right there to be heard.... so numerous listens do nothing to keep me entertained over and over.. I like the album in small doses here and there, before it starts to bore me again.

ive only heard a few tracks, but the vocals arent as good as NBC. he has switched to yelling hadcrore style instead of screaming, and the clean parts arent as high. they're very sing-along-able.
-neal

thewendy said:
My aunt is the general Manager of VW...

Im guessing shes refering to the automobiles, and decided to post that because everyone was abbreveating the soilwork CD names (NBC, CHM, etc. ). i might be wrong.

Unregistered said:
...some of the new ones are so uncommercial that their record label will probably be pissed off 'cause the last one was the biggest seller and it had a lot of really catchy songs

humor me and list which ones "are so uncommercial." "figure number five" is the heaviest song on the album and it could be played on the radio easily.

Unregistered said:
having heard most of the new songs I have to say that nobody will be let down...some of the new ones are so uncommercial that their record label will probably be pissed off 'cause the last one was the biggest seller and it had a lot of really catchy songs

Cool...Wd 40 is reading and replying again (as I am ....sorry)

To MegaTHERION