Who is road tripping to a Katatonia show?

brownden

Feb 2, 2006
Chilliwack, B.C.
Hey guys, in another thread I was slightly harassed for not being willing to drive a lengthy distance and make some sacrifices to see Katatonia this fall. Well it's now official, I am going to drive nearly 2 days from Canada to see Katatonia play in Hollywood, CA! I recently got another friend into Katatonia and she agreed to travel with me. I just ordered the tickets online yesterday and booked the time off of work, so there's no turning back now.

Anybody else doing some hefty travelling for this upcoming tour?

brownden-----ROCK THE FUCK ON MAN!!!!
Seeing as I am already taking a bunch of time off before the shows come up I am probably just going to the ohio, detroit, mokena shows. But who knows....last time I ended up taking off for their last show all the way in CT.

Thanks Deliverance 6. I'm still debating driving to Corona to see the other CA show but I'm not sure if that'll be pushing it or not.
I actually ran into a women at a concert last night who recently drove to Hollywood and saw a show at the Whisky (where Katatonia will be playing) and she said its flippin tiny. I can't wait!!!!

I think mine is about 8 hours to Mokena. I'll check.

I can't miss this one though. I'll never forgive myself if they never come back.

Yes.....mokena was a fucking sweet venue....ALL MUST COME!!!
some pics of the venue!
view from above
DSCF4850.jpg

The literal "greenroom"
DSCF6527.jpg

From balcony to balcony....it was awesome to be up there.....but also wanted bed to be up front.....but we were upfront at 3 other shows on that tour.
DSCF4881-1.jpg

also there is 2 other areas to this club....one is a dance club and one is a sportsbar I think. When I was there it was halloween and it was nuts.....these 2 other areas insure unbridled craziness...

Cris (AKA sparrowsblood) and daniel..
DSCF6587.jpg

DSCF6595.jpg

This has never been seen.....Mattias....after storming the KISS coverband stage in the sportsbar....oops he fell...but horns are blazin!!! I dont know why that lady has a riding crop....but Mattias isnt scared a bit!
DSCF6593.jpg