Who is the best VOCALIST???

Without a single solitary doubt, the best vocalist is Chris Cornell. If you disagree, I suggest you listen to his solo Euphoria Morning, the man has range, power, precision, beauty, etc, etc, etc.

Mikael "Metal God" Åkerfeldt
Bruce Dickerson
Jonas Renkse
Peter Steele
James Maynard
I had a thing for both Ray Alder and David Wayne both at the same a while back.

Daniel Gildenlöw ... no doubt about it...or wait maybe Mike Patton? gahhh i don´t know......
:confused:

Originally posted by Till Fjalls
Unsurprisingly, no mention of Simen Hestnaes, the most underrated singer ever....Not to mention the best!:D

Based on his own career choices, he doesn't consider his vocals all that impressive/important... so maybe it is best if we all forgot him lest we become depressed about it... :(

Picking one would be hard, but I think I would go with Taneli Jarva. top 5 would also include Vintersorg, Stanne, Åkerfeldt and Rehn. I might be forgetting someone, but I have no music on, so my brain is freezing :D

Originally posted by Jim LotFP

Based on his own career choices, he doesn't consider his vocals all that impressive/important... so maybe it is best if we all forgot him lest we become depressed about it... :(

You have a point. But I just happen to think credit is due where credit is due.

Anyway, isn't lamented souls still a go? I'll be damned if he doesn't do the most chilling vocals I've ever heard on the tune Var.

Mikael Åkerfeldt
Dan Swanö
Kurt Cobain
Greg Gaffin... or is it Bret Gerwitz? I never remember >.<
Jello Biafra
Bruce Dickenson
The Ozz Man

Mikael Akerfeldt
Matt Barlow
Hansi Kursch
Bruce Dickinson
That fella that sings on the new borknagar album ( i think its that vintersorg guy)