who is your favorite bassist?

Originally posted by HippieOfDoom
Pardon...Lars K. Norbert

Haha!
His name is Norbert?I'm going to have to deduct cool points for that.
I'll go with Fieldy from Korn.
Nothing gets me in the practicing mood like hearing a bass that duplicates a woodpecker attacking a brick.

You can deduct anything you want. When you hear him jam out on Spiral Architect's album you won't care if he keeps his socks in the jelly jar.
Nothing gets me in the mood to practice more than this piece of shit computer and the silly things I read on it.

Nothing gets me in the mood to practice more than this piece of shit computer and the silly things I read on it.

Ha!Bitch!
Anyway,yes,I was kidding.He is a fine bassist and although I have alot of respect for him,I dont enjoy him as much as everyone else seems to.
Also,that band,why the fuck do they bother with two guitars?

As Steve said, there's waaaaaaay too many out there anymore. If I wanted to pick one guy I've heard recently who really stood out, it would be Matt Garrison. Heard this guy's cd yet Steve? Pretty Scary.

Bri

Originally posted by LordFireworm
I dont believe it.
None of you stupid bastards said Eric Langlois.
I'm saying him exclusivly.

I like him to but can't say that he is my favorite though..

Here is list of some favorites :

Sean Malone - my favorite
Gary Willis
Jeff Berlin
Roger Patterson
Tony Choy
Lars K. Norberg
Doug Keyser
Pete Perez
Jaco

BILLY FUCKING SHEEHAN !!!
Went to the Niacin concert last night...holy fuck!
You slaggers should check this guy out. It's a bass players dream; being able to shred and no guitar player! Good shit for sure.
My favorite bass player: BILLY FUCKING SHEEHAN !!!

BILLY FUCKING SHEEHAN !!!
Went to the Niacin concert last night...holy fuck!
You slaggers should check this guy out. It's a bass players dream; being able to shred and no guitar player! Good shit for sure.
My favorite bass player: BILLY FUCKING SHEEHAN !!!

I'm going to see Bela Fleck (And thus Mr.Wooten) on Monday.That should be interesting though I'm not as excited about it as I may have been a year ago.
As for Sheehan,I have yet to form a concrete opinion.All I've really heard is his percussive tapping work which is impressive for a few minutes but doesn't have the musicality to hold my attention.There is a review of his album with Bozzio on http://www.digitalmetal.com

It's a bass players dream; being able to shred and no guitar player!

yes, maybe 'cause he is a guitar player!

as you know he developed tapping together with van halen at the end of the seventies!

at that time he played guitar and bass!

anyway he is sure a monster and i like him but i prefer a more rythmical approach on the instrument

infact i am a guitarist but sometimes i slapping with my instrument.

on the other hand i absolutely do not like wooten style too much virtuoso and not care of tempos and groove.

jonas HELLborg is one HELL of a bass player!

:lol:

Originally posted by Higon
Hmmmmmmmmmm. He uses a pick? Or he tear up with his own fingers?

no but he was a guitar player so he have a style somwhere close to solo guitar

he use his shredding not in a rythmic way.

however guitarist or bassist he is a great player !

:)