favorite bassist

Evilelvis

New Metal Member
Mar 13, 2002
NJ, USA
Visit site
All right, I'm new here

Just wanted to ask who your favorite bassist is?

I have a couple:
Steve Harris, Lars Norberg, and that Steve Digiorgio guy.

Later

Roger Patterson, Cliff Burton (totally underrated guy... a great musician), Lars Norberg, Tony Choy...

CHRIS RICHARDS (SUFFOCATION)
ALEX WEBSTER (CANNIBAL CORPSE)
PATRICK (SEVERE TORTURE)

Chris Richards (Suffocation)
Alex Webster (Cannibal Corpse)
Alex Webster wannabe (Dutch Cannibal Corpse coverband)

Some guys behind the spotlight:

Rev Jones - former Forte, now The Black Symphony...just listen to Fortes first two albums - Rev totally blows all those wannabe pic-players away! He's the only guy that impresses me while not playing with his fingers - fuck Joey DeMaio! :lol:

Adrian Davison - he is no more active , because he has hurt his muscles, bones and sinews so much that he can't play anymore! His Legacy are only four albums of absolute BASS MUSIC...He was a real awesome player with a symphonic approach to playing his four strings: You can hear polyphonic tapping (no overdubs!) with piano-like sounds and a lot more nobody else has yet delivered - a true master! Albums are only available at adavison@interlog.com - highly recommendable!

So long

Roger Patterson (Atheist)
Tony Choy (Atheist)
Sean Malone (Cynic, Aghora, Gordian K. ...)
John Myung (Dream Theater)
Doug Keyser (Watchtower)
Pete Perez (Spastic Ink)
Lars K. Norberg (Spiral Architect)

what the fu**... there are only few that haves steve on their list and nobody haves rex ...they are the best ones (not quiet ones)

in my first band the guitarist didn´t like when i was playing under HIS guitar solo (etc) my one bass solo´s, he get mad every time :)
...so i think steve is right, guitarists like a basist who´s quiet ...are you guitarists favorite basist steve, i don´t think so, you are to loud :) ...din´t chuck (RIP) say that you are his favorite basist, wow! ...because you´re loud

1 Steve Digiorgio
2 Sean Malone (aghora Gordian Knot)
3 Les Claypool (Primus)

I can't believe everyone forgot the greatest bassist of all time: Jaco Pastorius! A total pioneer. favorite bassists, huh? hmm....

Jaco
Steve Digiorgio (everywhere!!!!)
Alex Webster (Cannibal Corpse)
Greg Christian (pre-"Demonic" Testament)
Cliff Burton (Metallica, r.i.p.)
Rex Brown (pan-fucking-tera!, down)
Les Claypool (primus)
Flea (red hot chili peppers)
Paul McCartney (beatles)
Mark Johnson