Who is your favorite drummer?

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
Flo Mounier

BIOGRAPHY

Born in France in 1974, Flo Mounier moved to Chicago 7 years later, where at the age of 13 the ground work was laid and his drumming career started with drum teacher Tony Castelli. A year later, and now in Montreal, he continued to gather ammunition and to develop his skills. His hard work paid off as he soon became one of the most recognized drummers within the metal scene. Drummer for the band Cryptopsy (formerly known as Necrosis), he has toured Canada, Europe, Japan, and the United States as a headlining act over the last 3 years, and combined record sales have reached over 145,000 copies to date. Flo also plays for local Montrealer Rémy Langlois, who's album ‘Echo’ is making waves in the Rock Québécois scene. Wherever Flo has played, his reputation remains the same; he combines great chops with blistering speed and technical brutality. Add this to an open mind approach that embraces different musical genres, and Flo has developed an even greater ability to enhance the creative edge within his unique phrasing.

Having studied with the likes of Magella Cormier and now part time teacher Bruno Roy, his exploration of the Latin / Jazz approach has added an originality to his style which sets him apart from the rest. Flo's speed and precision apply to his live performances as well, and his playing continues to get even faster and tighter. His delivery and execution of complex fills at abnormal speeds will leave no one feeling indifferent.

Flo's style is the example to follow for the new generation of drummers who wish to find out more on what the discipline of extreme drumming is all about.

flo2706c.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Flo Mounier : Instructional Drum Video

In the works for 2004 will be a release of an instructional drum video tape and dvd by Flo Mounier. This well documented experience in extreme metal drumming will cover such topics as warm ups, basics of speed drumming, endurance excercises, creative rythms, and much more including different drum solos and play along segments for some of Cryptopsy’s most popular songs.

Copies will be limited so regiter now by e-mailing at FloMounierDrums@Cryptopsy.net to receive more informations regarding this video. You can also use this e-mail address to give us feedback on what you’de like to see covered as topics and play along songs so that Flo and the production team can make this as instructive and interesting as possible. Please note that we are actually collecting informations, we will contact you in a few months with more informations regarding this project.

The following was taken from this deadicated website towards him.
http://www.yvonpeintre.com/2/flo/

Anyway my favorite drummer is Sean Reinert of Cynic/Death/Gordian Knot fame... the guy can do it all, and he has a fluidity and groove to his playing rarely found in the metal scene (thanks to his jazz training).

ThePhilosopher said:
Anyway my favorite drummer is Sean Reinert of Cynic/Death/Gordian Knot fame... the guy can do it all, and he has a fluidity and groove to his playing rarely found in the metal scene (thanks to his jazz training).
Dude Cynic were fucking out of this world. Missed greatly!

come on dudes, richard christy of death, fucking amazing!!! andy of vehemence is also one of my favorites as well as fredrik of AA, has anyone heard him in curriculum mortis? fucking terrific. oh man, and you can't forget dave suzuki on vital remains.

Tim Yeung (Decrepit Birth, ex-Hate Eternal, Agiel, Vital Remains)
Derek Roddy (ex-Nile, Hate Eternal, Internecine)
Flo Mounier (Cryptopsy, Spasme)
Pete Sandoval (Morbid Angel, ex-Terrorizer)
The Berzerker drummer
Jon Longstreth (Origin, Angelcorpse, Skinless)
Tomas Corn (Lykathea Aflame)
Kevin Talley (ex-Soils of Fate, ex-Dying Fetus, ex-Misery Index, ex-Decrepit Birth)

the Sol Niger Within drummer's name is Morgan Agren. That video is from an instructional thing Agren did. I have the whole thing...fuckin bad ass.
He is flat out amazing. One of my favorite drummers. I have his cd's from his Mats/Morgan project....godly.

Nick DiVirgilio - Spock's Beard
Henry Ranta - ex-Soilwork
Mike Portnoy - Dream Theater

my favs.

christcrusher said:
I love Fredrik Andersson's drumming from AA-he is my favorite by far!

Yah, he's discovered his one kinda uh, tribal tapping technique and it's bad ass! No way he's got such huge muscles...

VEHEMENCE said:
Check this guys drumming out,on this video- you may know him from Sol Niger, Fredrik from Meshuggah's project. http://vehemence.brutaldeath.net/fredrik_thordendal_(meshuggah)_&_morgan_agren_-_sol_niger_w.mpeg
If this IRC thing gets going I could show you some more of his stuff, it is very interesting.

My favourites? Hmm..
Hellhammer (Arcturus, Thorns, Winds)
Gene Hoglan (SYL, Devin Townsend)
Johan Langell (Pain of Salvation)
Thomas Lejon (ex-Embraced, Misteltein, Andromeda)

And yes, Carter Beauford is great.