Who is your local kick-ass metal band?

As I Lay Dying (San Diego, CA)[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhYT-7bzHis]As I Lay Dying - Through Struggle[/ame]

^^ Those are both pretty well known/famous bands. They both, as far as I know, have international recognition. Try to keep it more local, like someone you might see at a club down the street.

A lot of bands in Prague, this one particularily kicks ass and I've seen them twice.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Brutal... They could use a little more variation from the complete gut growls but other than that I think they're decent.

Negura Bunget :lol:

Though from my hometown exactly, there's Bucovina:

Shadowsong:

And Martolea is from a small town nearby:

Too many in Bucharest to post, but i'll mention Bolthard, Kistvaen, Akral Necrosis,and lot of people already know Magica.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turku is full of shitty music. Only good bands here are Archgoat and Arsonist Lodge, and both of them are pretty inactive.

fortunate for me, im from edmonton :)

antediluvian
revenge
weapon
striker
begrime exemious
dire omen (good friend's black death band. not quite in the league of everyone above)

i see james read at almost every show lol

fortunate for me, im from edmonton :)

antediluvian
revenge
weapon
striker
begrime exemious
dire omen (good friend's black death band. not quite in the league of everyone above)

i see james read at almost every show lol

Very cool.

I live in Bergen, just minutes away from members of bands like The Kovenant, Borknagar, Taake, Byfrost, Hellish Outcast. I also live 1 minute away from Grieghallen where Burzum have recorded classics. There are tons of other local known bands too of course, but its mostly black metal and Ive never cared to checked them out tbh.