Who is your "Rodney Dangerfield" band ?

Jasonic said:
:lol:
Ok, first off, I love BOTH Manowar and Rhapsody.
But come on, Rhapsody is NO less ridiculous than Manowar.
It's ALL a gimmick my friend. You can not cliam your music to be "Hollywood Metal", and not consider it to be an angle to sell records.

Both bands rule, and that's all that really matters, right?

I love both of these bands but I do have to say that Manowar is slighty more ridiculous. Just look at the Anthology album cover for the proof. :lol:

edgeofthorns said:
I liked the band okay for awhile, then I saw them live. After that, I would never listen to them again! They bring new meaning to the word rediculous!

Apparently, they bring new spelling to it, as well.

Jasonic said:
:lol:
Ok, first off, I love BOTH Manowar and Rhapsody.
But come on, Rhapsody is NO less ridiculous than Manowar.
It's ALL a gimmick my friend. You can not cliam your music to be "Hollywood Metal", and not consider it to be an angle to sell records.

Both bands rule, and that's all that really matters, right?

Both are gimmicks yes, but you honestly can't put Rhapsody in the same category as Manowar! Do I really have to address this issue any further? :lol:

urinalcakemix said:
Kaviar Sessions, great album. He also died in one of the most manly fashions ever.

I don't know if I'd call auto-erotic asphyxiation manly, but whatever floats your boat I guess........At least he didn't die "servicing" Bea Arthur.....:ill:

J-Dubya

edgeofthorns said:
Both are gimmicks yes, but you honestly can't put Rhapsody in the same category as Manowar! Do I really have to address this issue any further? :lol:

Putting the gimmicks, stage clothes and hair pieces aside for both bands (well, the hair piece remark applies to Rhapsody :D ), Manowar has made much better metal than Rhapsody, IMO.

Hmm.. The band that comes to mind that makes awesome music but hasn't gotten much love is Wizard. Their ODIN album was superb. I really don't hear much about them until they release a CD, not even sure if the band is still together even.

Runner up would be Heavenly.

EDIT: Thought of some more..while posting in another thread..of course how I could forget Lost Horizons and Crystal Eyes.

edgeofthorns said:
Wow....okay! :zombie:

While Rhapsody has released some good stuff (I personally like the Dawn of Victory album) and Manowar has made some really cheesy songs that are cringeworthy (Pleasure Slave, All Men Play on 10, Blow Your Speakers :ill: ), I have to be quite frank that Rhapsody has never...EVER...come close to creating such heavy metal classics such as these:

Gates of Valhalla
Bridge of Death
Guyana (Cult of the Damned)
Kill With Power
Outlaw
Blood of My Enemies
Black Wind Fire & Steel
Battle Hymn
King
Mountains
Call To Arms
Master of The Wind

Iced Ray said:
While Rhapsody has released some good stuff (I personally like the Dawn of Victory album) and Manowar has made some really cheesy songs that are cringeworthy (Pleasure Slave, All Men Play on 10, Blow Your Speakers :ill: ), I have to be quite frank that Rhapsody has never...EVER...come close to creating such heavy metal classics such as these:

Gates of Valhalla
Bridge of Death
Guyana (Cult of the Damned)
Kill With Power
Outlaw
Blood of My Enemies
Black Wind Fire & Steel
Battle Hymn
King
Mountains
Call To Arms
Master of The Wind

I don't know man, but their live show was just a complete turn off to me. That's just my opinion of them though. They have a huge following, especially overseas, so I don't think they care what I think anyways! :)

A band that would qualify to be the photo caption in the unabridged Webster's dictionary next to 'underappreciated' it would have to be:

King's X

Great musicians, great songwriting and a killer live band. Should have been huge...

Pharoah. Their new album is criminally underrated. I think they would fit in well at the Preshow next year.

the rhythm said:
Pharoah. Their new album is criminally underrated. I think they would fit in well at the Preshow next year.

Best album of the year so far, IMO.

And their band name is criminally misspelled. ;)

Falconer.

It seems that a lot of people like them... but I don't see people here shouting about them. Shrug.

And one of my favorite groups.. Divinity Destroyed. So damn talented. Yet they just don't get too far from New Jersey.