who knows how to write a cover letter for a resume?

well, it depends what kind of job it's for.
i do a lot of reviews of resumes and stuff here for new hires so maybe i can help?

generally, a good cover letter would say something like 'i am enclosing my resume as application for the position of BLANK'. and then you know, BRIEFLY list your experience or skills that will make them want to bother reading your resume. don't get wordy though.
put your phone number at the top of it, so they dont have to search for it. then say something like 'if you would like to schedule an interview with me, please call/email me at the number above'. and so on.

yeah, i wrote cover letters for unemployed dudes for my whole year in philly, greg!

you should get "cover letters for dummies" from the library, and look at their sample cover letters, and craft your own after seeing what employers want.

do not have ANY spelling or grammar mistakes. if you want to post it here i'll proofread it for you. :)

as a funny sideline, we started taking resumes two weeks ago or so i guess for a position that opened here. one of the cover letters said 'sex years' experience instead of SIX.
that person is not hired. in fact, the position isnt filled!

i think the biggest crime of all other than really bad spelling errors is having references that are NEVER there when you call. like, we have to talk to the references here, it's a policy. so sometimes it takes two weeks to get a hold of the person and for that reason, we hire someone else.