Who plays the solos?

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
Hi all, newbie to the board here - got sick of discussing Opeth on the Metallica board, its full of dicks!
Anyway, my question - who plays the solos in Opeth? Do the guys share the leadwork like Slayer, Def Leppard etc. or is there one lead and one rythm player?
Just wondering cos it doesnt say in the inlays.
Cheers!

yea, if you notice their styles the more bluesy smooth solos are mikes but the solos like WHITE CLUSTER are petes, pete is a thrash guy so.....he writes the metallica esque type solos

okay they do both play solos but a guitarists should be able to tell the difference. mikael likes to dwell on notes and really put a lot of feeling into it so hell hold notes out so Lacent you are right(yea, if you notice their styles the more bluesy smooth solos are mikes) he holds the notes out and plays a moody(bluesy) solo that fits the music instead of showing off. while peter will play solos that seam to go all over the place. now mikael has the ability to go all over the pace and he is great at doing but does not try to show off so the majority of the time the crazier solos are going to be peter. They both rule. if you want to evaluate someone look at yourself and quit judging other people. itll make you a better person all around

blackroseimmortal1981 said:
okay they do both play solos but a guitarists should be able to tell the difference. mikael likes to dwell on notes and really put a lot of feeling into it so hell hold notes out so Lacent you are right(yea, if you notice their styles the more bluesy smooth solos are mikes) he holds the notes out and plays a moody(bluesy) solo that fits the music instead of showing off. while peter will play solos that seam to go all over the place. now mikael has the ability to go all over the pace and he is great at doing but does not try to show off so the majority of the time the crazier solos are going to be peter. They both rule. if you want to evaluate someone look at yourself and quit judging other people. itll make you a better person all around
well said

Hi and welcome to the board.
I totally understand what you mean with the Met board...

I think your question has been answered already.

btw, I think you stole the "cheers" thingy from someone I know quite well! :D