SLAYER vs Metallica rivalry

Why? :lol:
As Pablokers said, nothing good will come of this thread. Troll thread is obvious.

To be fair I did state this following quote at the begining

I lifted this comment up from another board and I thought I would share this guys comments with you when we were discussing how SLAYER and Metallica have been guilty of making sub-standard albums and also how fans of a particular band will flame their rivals. I thought what he posted was very insightful, what do you people think?

I asked what you thought, I don't think I was trolling as you guys call it as I haven't had a conversation like this in this forum, OK I did flame Megadeath but that was before I knew how passionate you guys were about them so I kinda ceased to slag them off.

Give me some credit, I could have easily changed the word Metallica to Megadeath

*slaps forehead*

Why didn't I think of that at the time??? (Now that sentence was clearly a troll post) :lol::lol::lol:

I don't think its a troll thread all actually. Valid post is valid (for once).

And its actually made me post a reply thats more than two sentences long.

Just saw this after posting my reply above, Thank you Dave for stating that it wasn't a troll post

Let me clear something up with you guys, I have spent 3 years in the SLAYER forum and I have picked up some bad habits in there like for example creating what you lot call pointless threads whereas in that forum it just gives us all a laugh and comment accordingly, I am surprised in a way though as I didn't create enough pointless threads in there and you should see the ammount of threads that are just totally insane and serves no purpose at all

I haven't been there for a while due to a cockup of the system not recognizing my username and what have you.

Anyways just click on the link and you will see that I am infact quite restraint in my creation of topics in this forum

http://forums.slayer.net/

:lol:
*facepalms self for not reading*

I agree with almost everything that has been said. Slayer and Metallica need to pass the baton off the Warbringer and Evile and just tour till they retire. Maybe make one more, fuck it, lets go out with a bang! type of album, then fade away into the sunset.

Good to see some intelligent conversation here :)

:lol:
*facepalms self for not reading*

I agree with almost everything that has been said. Slayer and Metallica need to pass the baton off the Warbringer and Evile and just tour till they retire. Maybe make one more, fuck it, lets go out with a bang! type of album, then fade away into the sunset.

Good to see some intelligent conversation here :)

Yes, I salute you for hitting yourself, as you can see I don't always troll :heh:

I have said that SLAYER in the slayer net forum that they should stop making albums and just tour instead, that way they can still keep their credibilty intact, it's kinda sad seeing Kerry still telling the world at 47 yrs old that religion is bullshit on every album. I feel after God Hates Us All should have been their swansong but instead they persisted and ended up with a lot of fans like myself, turning against them for WPB.

If you started off with Ride the Lightning for example then your expectations would be raised - then you'd hear Black Album and get all pissed off. Or was that just me?
I agree. I just got into metal 7 months ago or so, and I listened to the early Metallica records. Then I heard the black album, load, reload, etc. and I till think they're all crap.(even though the black album isn't THAT bad) Hell I never even sat through anything after and justice for all. I've fallen asleep in the middle or just swithched to kill em all or something like that.(I listen to albums on my iPod as good night music) I can't say that I really like Megadeth's 90s stuf either but It's far better then Metallica's shit.

I'm part of this newer generation and have access to all music from all bands. The only Metallica fans that like load etc. are the people that grew up with them, whos taste of music had a chance so chang in between ach album. I don't My Metallica, Slayer etc. are Evile and co. and if they start writing bad albums in a few years I will probably like it.

Holy shit, I actually read Dave's mega long post:err:

i like Metallica..and when i say that i mean Kill Em All to And Justice For All..rest = shit! ive tried but i cant get in to Megadeth..sorry :erk:

I have to disagree with dave on the whole "no thrash revival" bit. yes, there were thrash bands between the early 1990's and mid 2000's, but most were 1. watered down, 2. hybredised with some other genre (death, grove, etc.) or 3. to short lived or obscure to make much of a dent. the current thrash scene is much more vibrent, widespread, and I would argue, talented than it has been in a long time. The bands that formed in the early-mid 2000's formend in antipathy to Emo in the same way that the old guard grew against glam, so the vibe is more similar to that of the 80's. it is a rebirth in just about every sense of the word.

Grove metal sounds cool.

Anyway, I prefer Metallica, but I cba to listen to them anymore really.

dave i find your argument jejune, vapid and vacuous. whilts it mightn't have died, it certanly went into a state of latency. somewhere between a flu and a coma. If you don't like the word "revival" then perhaps "revitalization" suits you better?

Even revitalization is a stupid term for it. The only reason people call it a 'revival' is beause it came back to the media's attention when they got bored of nu metal and metalcore, it was never as dead as everyone makes it out to be. Just because the media tells you its a revival doesn't mean that it is.