Who should be crowned Metal Queen?

J. Golden

Heaven and Hell Records
Oct 12, 2009
here
www.heavenandhellrecords.com
Think this could be fun and yet an interesting topic.
Who is the overall reigning “Metal Queen”? What qualities would make one the Metal Queen? Sure we have all heard the song ‘Metal Queen” by Lee Aaron but seriously she is no more the Queen of metal than Canadian bacon is bacon (it is ham). And some might say Leather but she dropped out of the game, in my book that disqualifies you. And wasn’t Anne Boleyn beheaded? As for those Nightwish “Little Mermaid” singers well we are talking about metal here.
So what lady of metal should wear this crown? There can only be one and for my money it is Doro all the way.

If you're already calling her the metal queen in the other thread, or at least talking like she's on another level completely, what's even the point of the thread, hahahaha?

As for who the metal queen is.. well, I may not care for Doro's music at all, but she has undeniably the crown holder. I think her career speaks for itself. She has been at it for long enough to earn the respect of everyone in the scene.

In regards to your comment about "Nightwish Little Mermaid singers"... I'm sure it's a jab to the singers and bands of the whole gothic metal/beauty and the beast thing. I don't know bro, some of those bands are more "metal" than many of the "true metal" bands. I can understand not liking the style of the vocals, but to say a song like Nightwish's Dark Chest of Wonders or After Forever's Between Love and Fire isn't "metal" is a bit far fetched...

So anyways.. Yes. Doro wins imo.

If you're already calling her the metal queen in the other thread, or at least talking like she's on another level completely, what's even the point of the thread, hahahaha?
Because this thread is specific.

In regards to your comment about "Nightwish Little Mermaid singers"... I'm sure it's a jab to the singers and bands of the whole gothic metal/beauty and the beast thing. I don't know bro, some of those bands are more "metal" than many of the "true metal" bands. I can understand not liking the style of the vocals, but to say a song like Nightwish's Dark Chest of Wonders or After Forever's Between Love and Fire isn't "metal" is a bit far fetched...

I own plenty of CDs by Nightwish and bands just like that and even goth rock bands doing long before the "beauty and the beast" term and I don't mind these bands. But it is what it is. Doro, Leather, Karen Crisis etc are metal singer, Tarja fronted a metal band (of sorts). But the point is not about Nightwish it is about real metal not chicks in flowing dresses.

I remember Epica had a poll going on their Facebook page asking for people to vote for Simone as metal queen. I forget who hosted the contest. I went and looked, and it had just about every female singer from a modern band on there, but no Doro. I made a comment on the FB thread about the contest not even being valid because of this omission. I noticed they deleted my post a few hours later.

I remember Epica had a poll going on their Facebook page asking for people to vote for Simone as metal queen. I forget who hosted the contest. I went and looked, and it had just about every female singer from a modern band on there, but no Doro. I made a comment on the FB thread about the contest not even being valid because of this omission. I noticed they deleted my post a few hours later.

Epica vs. Warlock, yeah I'm just as confused as you.
Somewhere heavy metal stopped being metal and got really fluffy or something.

liz-wizard.jpg

3901537879_ed1e979cd3.jpg

tumblr_lf4pmlKkjW1qe5h3io1_400.jpg

Fuck singers.

My nomination:

Angela Gossow - She challenged what it meant to be a female metal vocalist, and unlike many of the other well known female 'metal' vocalists, she's still in the game. However, the Arkona vocalist is better.

As for the female guitarists out there, there are several ones that are quite good, but none that really stand out to me if I'm just listening to the music. As in, I don't think I'd put any female metal guitarists on my top 5 or 10 list.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9_SEr-ORyk&feature=related[/ame]

Also her later band Meldrum wasnt half bad either. She is not my vote for queen... but I dont know how many here would have heard of her before.

Doro. No one can touch her.

And I'm also not a fan of the Evanescence-style singers out there, but they do what they do. It's just different. Nothing wrong with it.

Doro. No one can touch her.

And I'm also not a fan of the Evanescence-style singers out there, but they do what they do. It's just different. Nothing wrong with it.

THIS. As much as I adore Sharon from Within Temptation and Simone Simmons...hotness factor...Doro is and has been the iconic metal front woman as well for decades now....and still hot! LOL!

Doro for sure, given her longevity and all. My fave was Leather Leone, but she dropped off the metal field a while ago, even though she got a new project recently.

But for newer female singers, my vote would go to Dani Nolden from SHADOWSIDE. She just rocks and has a more ballsy voice than lots of male singers...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpib_jyo20&feature=player_embedded[/ame]