Who should be crowned Metal Queen?

Leather haha what?

You don't know Leather, or you make fun of her? Cause the 4 albums she recorded with Chastain from 1985 to 1990, as well as here solo album were excellent and she deserved the "metal queen" crown as much as Doro back then. She had such a powerful ballsy voice.

Since Leather disappeared after 1990, then Doro took all the place and fully deserved the title. But Leather was there in the first place for sure.

[QUOTE Also her later band Meldrum wasnt half bad either. She is not my vote for queen... but I dont know how many here would have heard of her before.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I always liked Michelle Meldrum, solo and Phantom Blue. She took being a guitarist more seriously than most of the ladies.

There are several ladies out there who could qualify. Yeah Doro is probably the most well known, and I can see how most would pick her. She has after all stood the test of time. And of course I think Simone from Epica and Veronica Freeman from Benedictum are extremely talented (and extremely hot BTW)

But to me the one who stands out is the innovator, the chick with the stainless steel stones who's been around over 20 years - The Great Kat. Listen to Beethoven On Speed again. A bit over the top but still a great album.

Doro for sure, given her longevity and all. My fave was Leather Leone, but she dropped off the metal field a while ago, even though she got a new project recently. But for newer female singers, my vote would go to Dani Nolden from SHADOWSIDE. She just rocks and has a more ballsy voice than lots of male singers... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpib_jyo20&feature=player_embedded

What CD is this from? I don't see it listed as a track from Dare To Dream or Theater Of Shadows.

Angela Gossow is the most metal amongst all the ladies. Hands down IMO.
Except for Sabina Classen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabina_Classen) who was growling for Holy Moses better than Angela ever has for Arch Enemy, back when Angela was in grade school. :p Sabina does not get near as much credit as she deserves for being one of the first women to front a metal band on the more aggressive end of the spectrum.
50277_68922958175_8005965_n.jpg

Doro = metal queen = fact
This.

Doro for sure, given her longevity and all. My fave was Leather Leone, but she dropped off the metal field a while ago, even though she got a new project recently.

But for newer female singers, my vote would go to Dani Nolden from SHADOWSIDE. She just rocks and has a more ballsy voice than lots of male singers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpib_jyo20&feature=player_embedded
While she isn't on the same level as Doro, I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes of Leather Leone's new "Sledge/Leather Project" (https://www.facebook.com/SledgeLeatherProject). The YouTube videos I've seen/heard have sounded pretty good. She definitely still has an amazing set of pipes!

Dani Nolden is also an incredible singer and front woman! Her, Veronica Freeman, and Marta Gabriel (Crystal Viper) are some of the more powerful/ballsy female metal singers out there that are just starting to gain recognition for the power they are bringing to the table.

See there will never be a replacement; Doro basically is the woman in the python with Dio, Lemmy, Halford, etc.
When I saw Doro in NY on Friday for the 25 years of metal show (technically she's at something like 27 years of metal by now), she asked the fans if we would still be there with them when they celebrate 50 years in metal. She has no intention of giving this up and plans to continue to create great metal for the fans for as long as she is able. It's going to be a long time before another women in metal is going to have the same sort of power behind her music, as well as be able to build up the same level of recognition and credibility that Doro has reached at this point in her career. She is indeed THE Metal Queen! :headbang:

Certainly Holy Moses has a place although that band like Zed Yago has stayed pretty underground for the most part.
Women in metal has evolved the same way that metal itself has evolved coming from harder rock kind of metal bands like Blacklace and Leather Angel moving into more traditional heavy metal like Bitch, Hellion, Warlock, Blacksmith, Taist of Iron. Something terrible happen in the mid-80s (I blame it on Warrant) then here comes Vixen, Precious Metal, etc. These bands were not metal in no stretch of the term, though good bands but not metal.
The late 80s and early 90s of course brought the thrash, power, and death bands like Phantom Blue, Original Sin, Meanstreak, and Mythic (that one was forgotten). And there were those black metal female bands. Then somehow someone had the idea the Sarah Brightman backed by electric guitars and keyboards was a good idea and maybe it was...
Not sure where I'm going with this-I forgot.