Who should be crowned Metal Queen?

300.jpg

Leather.

I thought we cleared this up already. I think a requirement should be to be metal and live metal, Leather left it behind. And if I remember correctly wasn't there even debate about her coming back, like she was reluctant about it?
Not to tke anything away she did some good stuff but..

When I saw Doro in NY on Friday for the 25 years of metal show (technically she's at something like 27 years of metal by now), she asked the fans if we would still be there with them when they celebrate 50 years in metal. She has no intention of giving this up and plans to continue to create great metal for the fans for as long as she is able. It's going to be a long time before another women in metal is going to have the same sort of power behind her music, as well as be able to build up the same level of recognition and credibility that Doro has reached at this point in her career. She is indeed THE Metal Queen! :headbang:

AMEN! What a woman to look up to! If there is one metal vocalist that inspires me to work hard, it's Doro!

Except for Sabina Classen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabina_Classen) who was growling for Holy Moses better than Angela ever has for Arch Enemy, back when Angela was in grade school. :p Sabina does not get near as much credit as she deserves for being one of the first women to front a metal band on the more aggressive end of the spectrum.
50277_68922958175_8005965_n.jpg

She's pretty good but Angela is on a whole other level. I much prefer Angela. In fact I prefer Angela over 99% of all extreme vocalists, male or female.

Props to Sabina though.

I'm putting in my vote for Doro...hands down! Although Veronica gets credit for keeping the flame very much alive today.

That being said...the one album I reach for the most that's female-fronted...Saraya's "When The Blackbird Sings"...love that shit!

Rock on!

Except for Sabina Classen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabina_Classen) who was growling for Holy Moses better than Angela ever has for Arch Enemy, back when Angela was in grade school. :p Sabina does not get near as much credit as she deserves for being one of the first women to front a metal band on the more aggressive end of the spectrum.
In this context one also has to mention Détente/Fear of God-vocalist Dawn Crosby (R.I.P.), whose vocal performance on "Within The Veil" is still one of the most intense I've ever heard.

As far as Doro is concerned, I've stopped listening to and buying her albums long since, yet I have got to say that I enjoyed her live concerts at the Metal Female Voices Fest in 2007 and 2009 very much and I'm looking forward to seeing her live again at this year's festival.

My favourite female metal singer of bands still active is probably Madder Mortem's Agnete M. Kirkevaag and my favourite vocal performance of hers is the one on this song:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiVTCJ8UVlk&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Without a doubt it's DORO. But, I also really like Sabina Classen from HOLY MOSES, too. Unfortunately, she doesn't really get that much press. Now that I went back a few posts after I posted, I see someone else also noticed what I see in Sabina Classen.