Who should guest on Opeth's next album?

Petronella Nettermalm from Paatos would be a good candidate for female guest vocals. I'm not sure how that would sound at all, which I guess is what would make it interesting. But her haunting vocals on songs like Téa would be an interesting mix with Mike's clean voice and some good dark acoustic passages.[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Skullzz said:
I think that female vox would actually have been awesome in Black Rose Immortal. Not throughout, but some parts would be great with a female solo.
The end of "Face of Melinda" (my promise is made etc...) would have been great for female vox...

Eric Clapton would be great.:headbang:

If John Lennon was still around, maybe he could contribute?:loco:

Another idea could be a vocal duet between Mikael and someone who is either a good growler or a good singer. They would then sing like a chorus or something together, one doing clean vocals and the other doing growls. It may sound a bit lame but i think when executed right it would sound awesome.

mysweetdeath said:
The end of "Face of Melinda" (my promise is made etc...) would have been great for female vox...

I was thinking that too. I think to do it though, they probably would have had to slow the tempo a bit to make it fit, and that might have thrown off the outro.

My first choice is no one.

Second might be the guys from Hedningarna lending some OLD school vibe or maybe Annbjorg Lien doing a fiddle part or two.

A duet with a female singer would be cool too. Christina from Lacuna Coil or maybe Marcela Bovio from the last Ayreon album.

Apprentice's Master said:
^
Hey, do you go on the TTLG forums? If so, that's pretty cool. A Thief fan in an Opeth form.

If not, then sorry and nevermind. :err:

That would be me yes! What's your username there?

Favorite game: Thief1

Favorite band: Opeth

Still don't have Thief3, waiting for $ to get a new graphics card.

Definitely Dan Swano, Vintersorg has a nice voice too. They both could contrast to Mike's vocals.

and... hmmm it would be interesting for sure, but one of my favorite vocalists:

Mike Patton

On a side note, I think Per was fine in concert. Saw them in Orlando and on the DVD and it sounds good to me.

Some people are just impossible to please.

I doubt that the trouble on the DVD was with Per himself, from listening to it. What I didn't care for was that his voice didn't seem to be mixed quite as prominently as I would have liked; the higher vocal lines ended up being drowned out somewhat, and you couldn't really hear how Per was doing in the first place.