who wants to hardware master this?

Calippo Tecks

Feb 6, 2005
Belgium
Since I only use software for all my productions, I wonder how much difference there is volume and sound wise with mastering.

I would highly appreciate it if some hardware owners/mastering engineers would like to master this little piece:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/970622/master_test.wav

Those with software plugs can post their master too if they wish, so we can have multiple comparisons, that would be nice. I'll post my master if I've spend some more time with it.

1/2" tape tends to do that when hit really hard =D

but admittedly, i slammed the fuck out of this. i wish i would have had your reference BEFORE I mastered so I could get SOME idea of what aesthetic you were going for.

When I master albums, I go for the more creative approach rather than the super technical, clinical side.

1/2" tape tends to do that when hit really hard =D

but admittedly, i slammed the fuck out of this. i wish i would have had your reference BEFORE I mastered so I could get SOME idea of what aesthetic you were going for.

When I master albums, I go for the more creative approach rather than the super technical, clinical side.

Tape, that's interesting, well it has something analog going on for me (although I'm not sure, I'm not really an expert on that since I never used anything analog for mastering). Maybe like some extra warmth, so I wonder did you eq it a little bit too and bring up some highs and lows?