Anyone wants to master this? (short clip of testmix)

mietschie

New Metal Member
May 18, 2012
Hey guys!

Im reading this forum quite a while now and learned countless new things about mixing, I also bought and read the great systematic mixing guide. So this is the result of a mixing noob like me after reading some tutorials :)

Now I need your help with the mastering as I want to see what it can bring to my mix. I didn't deal with mastering yet, except making it louder, so I don't have any idea what it really can bring.

Here is the file if anyone wants to give it a go I would really appreciate it:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52528604/lbs 2 20.wav?dl=1
(dont wonder about the cut, these are 2 different parts of a song)

You can also bash me if the mix is too bad and give maybe some hints where i could improve it.

Just downloaded, i'll give it a quick go :)

one thing I noticed straight away though, the mix is very loud, in future try to make the track quieter (around -16db) to give the guy who's mastering it more room to play with, cause at the moment there's almost no headroom available to use compressors/limiters

apart from that though, damn good job on the mix! :)

ps sorry if I came across as an arrogant prick, just something I noticed :p i' as much a noob as you are, and if anything you're better than me hahaha, it's jsut something I picked up on after having it drilled into my head a billion times :D

great thank you, im glad you like it
very excited about the results :)

@lanky noob: i didn't realize any arrogance in your first post, thanks for the kind words!

@ walhallaM: wow that sounds great, thank you very much. Is there a possibility to download your file because i dont find a downloadbutton or sth. similar?

love this forum...