Who will be support for Opeth?

Pseud0 said:
too bad i can't log on there anymore for some reason. It says username/password unrecognized

damn that show at irving was awsome

Hmmm, that's odd. Did you try signing up again?? (I'm Moonlo0p by the way)

o hi there

wierd shit happend - i tried to do the password retrieval because maybe i used a different one - so i did that and i got the mail and it said click here to redo your password. i did that and it said that an error occurred

really strange

My band, Bastards of Creation, will be supporting Opeth throughout the Southern leg of the US Tour.

No, we will not. I don't even have a band. Bastards of Creation is a song from a local death metal band. I'm so sad. One can dream though! *dies a little inside*

TehLeperAffinity said:
Welcome to the Official Opeth forum.

Ha, the only reason I knew that is because I've been lurking here for like 6 months and never posted shit. I figured out how things work here.

NineFeetUnderground said:
timeloss >>>>> kallocain

which is saying a lot, since kallocain is godly.

I get the feeling that you are overrating them a bit. I mean, I LOVE paatos, but I consider both Landberk and Morte Macabre to be superior acts. Paatos has too many flaws like poor english lyrics(which might be excused due to their nationality, but still the fact is its passable at best) and at times whiny singing.

On the other hand, if Ghost Reveries has one or two mostly mellow songs and they choose to play some of damnation on tour, then Paatos would really help setting the tone. But considering TGC, it is probably more in the vein of Deliverance(though I guess that is pure speculation), and in that case even a band like Killswitch Engage :erk: wouldn't be horribly out of place.

lol here in the netherlands, WT is 50x bigger than opeth... and i definitely would not want to see WT headlining /w opeth supporting. MAYBE after forever, and that's pushing it!

AnTz0r said:
lol here in the netherlands, WT is 50x bigger than opeth... and i definitely would not want to see WT headlining /w opeth supporting. MAYBE after forever, and that's pushing it!

Yeah, if they'd open up for Opeth...
I tought I never had to bring my tomatoes to an Opeth concert :Smug:

Yeah... after forever's decipher was decent enough. Sadly every succesive release they put out sounded exactly the same and the vocalist needs to tone down her vocal wanking.

spigot said:
I get the feeling that you are overrating them a bit. I mean, I LOVE paatos, but I consider both Landberk and Morte Macabre to be superior acts. Paatos has too many flaws like poor english lyrics(which might be excused due to their nationality, but still the fact is its passable at best) and at times whiny singing.

On the other hand, if Ghost Reveries has one or two mostly mellow songs and they choose to play some of damnation on tour, then Paatos would really help setting the tone. But considering TGC, it is probably more in the vein of Deliverance(though I guess that is pure speculation), and in that case even a band like Killswitch Engage :erk: wouldn't be horribly out of place.

landberk is amazing as well, but different. and morte macabre is one of my favorite bands from the 90s...so i would be very happy if any of them opened for opeth.

paatos has no flaws. poor english isnt a flaw...the lyrics in that band mean nothing, its all about soundscapes, atmosphere and mood. and regardless...their best song in my opinion titled "tea" which is IN swedish...i cant understand anyway, and the lyrics were written by the amazing Turid (sweden's linda perhacs) whose songs in english i like very much, so im not worried about them being bad in the first place. for the record...Opeth's lyrics arent any better in my opinion anyway...i dont listen to very many bands for their lyrics prowess. Rush, 16 horsepower, simon and garfunkel, bob dylan and a few others are the ONLY lyrical bands/artists i have ever cared about.

the only band i might want to open up for opeth just as much at this point would be Dungen. and with good reason.