Who will be the show stealer?

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
Thought I'd start a thread to start more discussion about the fest since it's in a few days. Who do you guys think will be show stealers? I'm not talking so much about the headliners as I think most are expecting Omen and Oz to bring it. I'm talking the lower tier bands, including the music joint stage.

I have to say personally I'm probably looking forward to Dark Mirror the most.

As I said before, I'm hoping (almost expecting) that the youngins will bring their A-game. At this point I'd like to see Demon Bitch, Borrowed Time and Olorin really shake things up. I'm not a big Seax fan but I bet they'll really bring it in a live setting, and I've heard great things about October 31 and recent Shok Paris. Hopefully the speed freak check out Gatekrashor, because they're a lot of fun.

I'm expecting Ashbury and Winterhawk to both be nothing less than magical.

I honestly think some of the headliners will be good but just OK since most dont play live alot. I saw this at Keep it True...while they are classic acts they forgot how to put on a good live show.

I am thinking on the main stage an underdog like Shok Paris will take the win.

Second stage someone like Vanlade will put on a powerful performance.

By definition a show stealer is someone you don't expect to be great, so if I answer the question then my answer will automatically be wrong because by naming that band then I am expecting them to be great.

Day one I'd say Tyrant's Reign. I was not a huge fan of their EP so I originally thought I'd just catch a few songs then go check out Innersiege. Started out sitting down and ended up at the front on the edge of the pit (completely forgot about Innersiege)!

Thought I'd start a thread to start more discussion about the fest since it's in a few days. Who do you guys think will be show stealers? I'm not talking so much about the headliners as I think most are expecting Omen and Oz to bring it. I'm talking the lower tier bands, including the music joint stage.

I have to say personally I'm probably looking forward to Dark Mirror the most.

and Dark Mirror was the one band you ended up not liking.

Day one I'd say Tyrant's Reign. I was not a huge fan of their EP so I originally thought I'd just catch a few songs then go check out Innersiege. Started out sitting down and ended up at the front on the edge of the pit (completely forgot about Innersiege)!

did any of us end up meeting you???

I don't think so. I met a lot of band members and other cool people but I don't think any of them were forum members. I know I saw Mr. Elementos around a lot (he seemed to be watching all the same bands as me) but I never got a chance to say hi since I was too busy bangin my head.

I don't think so. I met a lot of band members and other cool people but I don't think any of them were forum members. I know I saw Mr. Elementos around a lot (he seemed to be watching all the same bands as me) but I never got a chance to say hi since I was too busy bangin my head.
Were you the dude that bought me a drink at the bar during Winterhawk (I think?) I remember this happening and the fellow in question made an offhand remark about a picture of me in the snow but in my tipsy state I didn't make any sort of connection until after we'd parted ways.

Nope not me. I was the guy with the big blue backpack at the start of day one (since I had just got off the plane and hadn't been to the hotel yet) and later I was wearing a denim vest with a Helloween backpatch, and on the front a Blind Guardian patch on one shoulder and a DRI - Thrash Zone patch on the other (I had to take all my buttons off to go through security so it looked pretty bare).

Nope not me. I was the guy with the big blue backpack at the start of day one (since I had just got off the plane and hadn't been to the hotel yet) and later I was wearing a denim vest with a Helloween backpatch, and on the front a Blind Guardian patch on one shoulder and a DRI - Thrash Zone patch on the other (I had to take all my buttons off to go through security so it looked pretty bare).

I was standing next to you during some of Demon Bitch's and Omen's sets. I was going to tell you how awesome that Helloween patch was, but the opportunity never arose. If you come next year, I'll be sure to say hi.