• Amon Amarth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark Tranquillity

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Carnal Forge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Symphony X

• please lord, anyone but those 7 bands...

• Total voters

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
Well, let's have at it! Since everyone must know by now the great news about the announced Gods of Metal tour, choose who you think will come out of the tour having gained the most (recognition, appreciation, new fans, etc.).

And I'll include them, but I highly doubt Symphony X is actually going to get on this tour.

As I mentioned in another thread, I think Testament. They have plenty of old-school fans, yet their sound has changed and advanced enough with the times that they'll continue to bring in new fans. This tour is great exposure for Testament to say, "Hey! Muthaf*ckers! We're still around and kicking arse!"

I'm glad you value creativity and innovation in metal, npearce, those are very important traits that will certainly help keep metal alive and exciting over the next decade or so...

HOWEVER, I like to fucking headbang, maybe pump my fist in the air, wail away on an air guitar, yell/scream/shout (what I do can hardly be called singing) along to my favorites, you know, I like HEAVY METAL. I'm glad that tours like this come 'round, THAT gives me a charge.

It must be tough to always need something new and difficult to grasp...makes for lots of disappointment in life.

markgugs said:
I'm glad you value creativity and innovation in metal, npearce, those are very important traits that will certainly help keep metal alive and exciting over the next decade or so...

HOWEVER, I like to fucking headbang, maybe pump my fist in the air, wail away on an air guitar, yell/scream/shout (what I do can hardly be called singing) along to my favorites, you know, I like HEAVY METAL. I'm glad that tours like this come 'round, THAT gives me a charge.

It must be tough to always need something new and difficult to grasp...makes for lots of disappointment in life.

Actually, I'd love to go to that show. I'd most like to see Testament and Immortal. Just because I enjoy creative and innovative music more than the average metalhead, doesn't mean I don't enjoy the everyday headbanging stuff.

Anyway . . . I just like to vote for the answer that will get a reaction out of you.:saint:

I voted for Testament. Chuck and Eric have amazed me for so long now, it's great to see them still kick my ass today like they did 14-15 years ago, truly a feat in my book. I think, and hope, they will come away from this tour cementing themselves as one of the greatest of all time.

A close second is Halford. Rob has really impressed me the past couple years. I thought Ressurection was ok, but the live album smoked and made me realize that I shouldn't have ignored Fight. And Crucible is truly an amazing album. Though I voted for Testament, and stand by it, Rob Halford is worthy of the title, Metal God. :)

Oh yeah, the rest of the bands on this package are awesome too, I can't wait. Here's hoping that for the "and more" of the tour, Testament brings Vio-lence along (I just had to get that in).

ProgMetalFan said:
Carnal Forge will slay everyone.

Man, you might just be right. They were abso-fucking-lutely incredible at the NJ Metalfest 2 weeks ago, and seriously knocked me on my ass (since I really didn't know what to expect). Can't wait to hear their new album, which is on its way to me...:headbang:

Hmm... I'm not quite sure what you mean by "True God of Metal". If it's who do I think will put on the better show, I'd cast a vote for Carnal Forge. If it's who will have the most fans wailing, and screaming in the background, cast one for Dark Tranquility. And if it's who I personally value enough to say that they fucking slay, then here's one for Symphony X.

By the way, if Symphony X really doesn't go on the tour, it would be nice to see them replaced with another progressive metal band.........might I suggest....Evergrey? :D

Testament - it's the perfect tempo, aggression, melody, and vocal lines for crowd 'singalongs'. I mean, Dark Tranquility are great, but let's be honest, any death vocals keep people from singing along right? So I vote for the Thrash maestros if I understood the question correctly. INTO THE PIT!

Halford would be good too, but I saw him 2 weeks ago, and he was just 'ok'. Starting with Painkiller was a good move. But Symphony X stole the show IMO.